Sign in to follow this  
Ashes

Condoning Fraud and Abuse

Ashes

I am extremely upset, angry and disillusioned with the way I have been treated by bidorbuy regarding my experience with a dishonest, spiteful and abusive seller.

I saw a listing for an item that was described as new. Before buying it, I sent a question asking if it was shrink-wrapped and received the following response:

Hi its not shrink wrapped but never been used.

I subsequently bought and paid for it. When I received it, not only was it not new (it had multiple fingerprints and scratches) but it was also not like the item pictured in the auction. I e-mailed the seller, stating that I could not accept the item and would return it for a full refund including shipping. A carbon copy of this e-mail was sent to bidorbuy who relayed the message to the seller. The seller did not reply. A few days later I lodged a buyer protection claim with photographic evidence. bidorbuy again tried to contact the seller but there was no response. About a week later the seller finally decided to reply to bidorbuy:

We dont exchange or refund after two weeks of sent date. I also cannot verify her story so if she really wants to send it back she will have to pay courier fees and forfeit 20% of the total cost of item. Thats our policy

No such policy existed as it was not in the listing's description. The seller's username consisted of her surname and first name and the only person I or bidorbuy ever had contact with was her, yet she used pronouns such as "our" and "we", trying to make it seems as if she was running a business with several staff members. While she was corresponding with bidorbuy, I unexpectedly received an e-mail from her:

please advise whether or not you are still returning the dvds. and why it was necessary to restrict my account and not sending me an email first just because you were unsatisfied with the item. i think that was a bit extreme but hey that's just my opinion???? Thank you

A few minutes later, out of spite, she changes her rating of me to a negative one with this dishonest feedback:

Had account restricted due to dissatisfaction, but did not try to contact me first. Thank you

I did not reply but forwarded the e-mail to bidorbuy. I also sent an e-mail to bidorbuy stating that I could not accept the seller's made-up policies and that she was obligated to refund me in full including shipping. I received an insolent and incoherent response from the agent handling the claim:

If you guys to not get to a mutual agreement on how to resolved this matter, you can take the matter further up with the small claims court, as we are going back and fourth with this ... The buyer notify the seller after two weeks regarding this matter and the seller agreed on a funds for the item, and the buyer want a full refund after notify the seller after 2 weeks. further on you guys rated each other instead of resolving the matter.

I telephoned bidorbuy to complain. The matter was escalated to the team leader who e-mailed the seller to make it clear to her that, because it was her fault, she had to refund the full amount including shipping. She agreed. I shipped the item back and sent bidorbuy the courier invoice and my banking details. When the team leader received the EFT proof of payment from the seller, he immediately closed the claim without even waiting for my confirmation that it had cleared and that it was the correct amount. The payment did clear, but in another act of dishonesty and spite, she shortchanged me by 90c. I e-mailed the team leader asking him to find out from the seller why this was done and to request the full payment but, after waiting over a week, did not receive a reply. I then e-mailed hello@bidorbuy.co.za but, after a day, still did not receive a reply. I then had to telephone again and finally received a reply from the team leader stating that he did not reply as he was on leave. I asked him again to contact the seller and a few days later he replied stating that there was no answer from her. I then e-mailed the seller myself with this message:

A refund of R395.90 (R299.00 + R96.90) was supposed to be paid in to the account. However, only R395.00 was paid. Please pay the outstanding balance of 90c and provide bidorbuy with proof of payment.

Within a few minutes I received this utterly inappropriate, abusive reply:

Omg really? You still bitching about a .90c.....you really have a dull life if money is all you give a damn about. Get a life and leave me alone!!! Gaan skryf die 90 sent op jou maag!!!

I again did not reply but forwarded the e-mail to bidorbuy and then telephoned the team leader, telling him that this was now surely grounds for blacklisting. He said he would speak to his colleague. A day goes by and, yet again, no reply. I telephoned again and spoke to another agent who told me that she would contact the security department and get back to me. She also e-mailed the seller, warning her about her behaviour. A few days later she informed me that the security department decided to do nothing about it. Needless to say, I was shocked. They did not even have the courtesy to respond to me directly.

In conclusion, not only did I have to suffer through indifferent and contemptuous staff, but I also had to endure continual lies, spite and finally flagrant abuse from this seller. It was a humiliating experience. I did nothing wrong. I was victimised yet bidorbuy's reaction was one of indifference. I have been an active member both as a buyer and a seller since 2001 with a score of 92 and a 100% rating while this seller, who is also a buyer, has only been a member since the beginning of this year and already has 3 negative ratings with a score of 12 and an 83.33% rating. bidorbuy's disregard for its upstanding members is dumbfounding. They have allowed a dishonest, spiteful and abusive seller to continue trading, with other innocent members now potentially exposed to harm.

DaveDave2013

Hi Ashes,

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you are having - would you mind sending me the order number so that I can give you a call to sort this out for you?

This is definitely not how we like to operate.

Regards,

David

Category Manager.

Vinny77

Hi Bidorbuy

Please sort this matter out as this is not the respectable way to do business with your customers, you guys have policies in place to help with things like this, there are unfortunately a lot of dishonest people on here . and if the policies are not here to protect us what are they there for where as bidorbuy always take there cut they should be willing sort out every little thing that goes wrong, they way I understand it is if something goes wrong bidorbuy will help sort it out and not turn a blind eye.

Regards

Vincent

deltafox

Hi Ashes,

Report this matter to Hellopeter!!!

DaveDave2013

Hi All,

Thank you for the feedback.

We have closed the seller's account in light of the way they handled this matter.

Regardless of the value involved we cannot tolerate sellers treating their customers in such a manner.

In terms of the amount owed to Ashes, this has been deducted from the sellers account and passed on to the buyer.

We have revoked the seller's selling privileges as a result of their poor service.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

David.

mrmouse

excellent , i certainly like the outcome !

Free Soul Styles

That's shocking

Little Miss Muffet

I could not care if it breaks the bank but I will put a buyer, who is not satisfied with a purchase, back in the position of R0.00 ,the position the buyer was in before the purchase.Finish and klaar.:colbert:

It should cost nil for postage forth and back

Edited by geewhizz

vpr8
Hi All,

Thank you for the feedback.

We have closed the seller's account in light of the way they handled this matter.

Regardless of the value involved we cannot tolerate sellers treating their customers in such a manner.

In terms of the amount owed to Ashes, this has been deducted from the sellers account and passed on to the buyer.

We have revoked the seller's selling privileges as a result of their poor service.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

David.

Hi,

Am i viewing this wrong but it seems the Seller is still active on BoB? Or is it such that they are but unable to Sell?

admin

Hi vpr8,

The user can only buy items and not sell items anymore.

Kind regards

Andries