Sign in to follow this  
Avantus

Bidding on item with multiple quantities available

Avantus

I have a problem with the system of bidding on quantities of more than one. I bid on a specific item of which I put the bid in for two items. After a while somebody outbid me on this, but then I got an email stating that I am still the winner on one item. The problem is that I do not want one item and if I wanted one item, I would only bid on one.

I feel that this is not a fair situation as it is not mentioned anywhere on the description or when you bid and confirm the bid. Please have a look at this.

johan

Hi Avantus,

On bidorbuy there are many multi quantity auctions where sellers list multiple items for sale. In an auction like this you would be able to have multiple auctions winners.

In the case that you are describing if you want to purchase both items you would have to bid on both items and the is the possibility that you could win both items at different prices. This is how the auctions are structured by the seller in this case.

Sellers could also wish to sell items in a lot where there would be a bid price per item but there would be a minimum quantity in the auction. As an example there could be two items in a lot the bid price is per item and then the bid would be applied to both items in the lot. This scenario is probably closer to what you would have preferred in this case.

I hope this helps.

Johan