Sign in to follow this  
qball

Get ready for a bigger screen

qball

You are probably aware that the bidorbuy site has been tailored for the monitor resolution of 800 x 600 pixels. Hence the narrow display.

That is set to change very soon: www.bidorbuy.co.za is being redesigned for 1024 x 768 monitor resolution.

So, what does that mean for you?

If you own a monitor with native resolution of 1024 x 768 (or more), it means that your favourite site will look even nicer and less cluttered, with the result that you will want to spend even more time on it than you did up to now.

But what about less than 5 percent of visitors to bidorbuy.co.za who still use monitors with resolution of 800 x 600? Alas, for them, the move to 1024 x 768 optimisation will mean that they will have to scroll the site not only vertically, but horizontally too – a most annoying requirement. Alternatively, they may change their monitor’s resolution. Even better, they may acquire one of those slick LCD displays on offer on bidorbuy.

Sellers on bidorbuy should be as pleased as the visitors to see the increase of the available screen real estate. All but those who have optimised their listings for 800 x 600 monitor resolution, that is. Our advice to them is to waste no time in re-designing their bidorbuy presence!

Coming SOON to a screen near you!

We will let you know when it will be implemented.

RAG Auctioneers

That is awesome

lilythepink

Great - now I'll really get better benefit from my screen! Thanks BoB!

Linka

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 743nx .......... will I have to scroll? :confused:

admin

Hi Linka,

Your monitor has a maximum resolution of 1280x1024 so you should be good to go. :D

Linka

:D Thanks goodness! I hate to scroll.

Thanks Admin ;)

GemDeals

Maybe just leave an option for the old resolution? and maybe one for us wide screen peeps? :D

qball

Unfortunately we won't be able to have 2 different sites, the change will be site wide.

Kind regards

Cuan

GemDeals

Doesn't matter, it is a step in the right direction.

Asha Craft Jewellery

greek talk :( I've got a 15" widescreen laptop. Will I see any changes? Answer like you're talking to a dummy... lol :rolleyes:

meeks

Big screen has arrived!!!

And it looks GREAT!!!!!!! - No more squinting!

Guest Guest

Yip , I see that , looks stretched on 1024X768, but will get used to it

qball

Hi All

As many of you may have noticed we have implemented the new change, apologies for not letting you know sooner, we did not have a specific date and had to launch it on a quieter day and not on a Tuesday or Wednesday like last time, which caused all sorts of issues.

If you have any issues please let us know.

Thanks

Cuan

Asha Craft Jewellery

It makes me nauseous... No really. Hurts my eyes. I just need to get used to it

mellowred

Love it.

Bead Mania Crafts

errrrrrrrr - its a bit wide, hey:)

I Agree with Asha - but as with all change WE WILL GET USED TO IT

I can already see the benefits -when it comes to the pictures and scrolling - GREAT JOB!!!

look smart

I really do like it. It is something to get use too. I do wander if there was a frame around the page that it wouldnt help a bit, cause it still feels like the page goes on and that I have to scroll. Maybe with a bold frame it will make it feel more to what we were use too, but this is just my option and not sure if it can be done, but other then that, I do like it and have already got use to it

lilythepink

I agree with Asha and Bead Mania Crafts. Have to get used to it.

Asha Craft Jewellery
I do wander if there was a frame around the page that it wouldnt help a bit, cause it still feels like the page goes on and that I have to scroll. Maybe with a bold frame it will make it feel more to what we were use too

Exactly! I knew there was something missing and I just couldn't put my finger on it. But that is exactly what it needs to look "rounded off" ;)

co_bra

Well done BoB.

"a Change is as good as a holiday". Love it. My items look bigger and better.

Cheers

Mike

look smart

I am currently on a three day course. and have limited PC access. So I try to make use of my smart phone and I have to admit that I dont like the bigger screen. Esp when you trying to see how much some items are standing on. Its a story of click scroll, scroll, scroll and scroll some more. And then when you scroll back I forgot what item I was actualy checking on. So the bigger screen does make it some what unuser friendly for those who use smart phones.

qball

Unfortunately we don't have a site optimised for cell/smartphone users. The majority of users still access the site via internet (PC). We are busy working on a mobi site but this will take quite some time to develop and implement, probably only in the new year some time.

Kind regards

Cuan

look smart

Yeah thats understandable, I dont log on to bob much with the phone only when I dont have my laptop or pc at hand.

But glad to hear a mobi site is in the pipe line

Rare NotesCoins

Cool.

But if you have to scroll across and up and down, why dont you do the following.I found this out by chance when a file was laying on my key board and I didnt know.

Hold youre Ctrl button in and with you mouse ( must have a ball ) Scroll up with the mouses ball (HUH LOL ). Youre screen will go bigger or smaller to be the way you want it. Cool ne!

Morne

lilythepink

RareNotesCoins said: ... and with you mouse ( must have a ball ) Scroll up with the mouses ball

Well, I haven't heard about a mouse being neutered yet so, hopefully, it should have two balls! LOL