Sign in to follow this  
mrmouse

Please explain to me .

mrmouse

As a distributor , I would like to know how do sellers warrant charging between R45 and R90 to add a second item to a courier bag , a bag is rated for say 1KG , both items weigh maybe 100 grams , I cannot work this out , it is a blatant attempt at profiting from freight , I courier items daily and pay R99 for up to 5 KG , I really need someone at BOB to explain this to me its ridiculous .

windrider

As a buyer I'd want to know this as well. I can see some cases where both items are very fragile and that might account for additional expense for shipping both items in one shipping, but R35 to R150 on normal items sounds a bit bizarre.

mrmouse

agreed , i wanted 20 cables @R 8. each thats R160 for 20 sata cables around 10 cm long , maybe 200 gramms the freight was R495 , Bob couldnt explain it very well either and the excuses were poor , so I purchased all 20 elsewhere with free freight for R60 , So thank you ripoff seller you actually did me a favour by having ridiculous shipping fees .

windrider

I remember here was a suggestion somewhere, that like Ebay, bidorbuy charge commission on the final value (sale + shipping). I wonder how many shipping fees will mysteriously reduce to something approaching normal if this was implemented.

mrmouse

the commission would be to low to deter the scams , the best is being charged for insurance on a overnight bag , you cannot insure an overnight 1kg bag anymore with most if not all couriers , freight is a ripoff and will allways be , thats why so many sellers wont allow collection , they then lose all the freight amount,

windrider

I did not know that, thank you. Since coming back to bidorbuy to buy a few items I see that the shipping is just as contentious as ever.

luckybreak

Please do not suggest to BOB to charge commission on postage. The Post Office is already raping us

ER001

I came across items on Ali express that offered free postage, until you purchase 2 or more - then suddenly postage jumped to 30 USD. Needless to say I ordered 8 individual items - no doubt at the sellers cost lol. Twits.