Sign in to follow this  
johan

Multiple Thumbnail images displayed in a carousel format.

johan

We have released a functionality that would allow for users to upload multiple images in the thumbnail section when listing an item.

This would allow users to see multiple images of a product when enlarging the thumbnail image. This would allow users to view all the images about an item in one place which would make it easier to view items and make the item description field more compact as one would not have to add all the full size images in the description.

Below is an example of what this would look like to the user.

160822173710_image%20carousel%201.png

A user will then be able to scroll through the images in the thumbnail view by clicking on the left or right arrows below the main thumbnail. One will also be able to view the enlarged images by clicking on the thumbnail and then clicking on the left or right arrows on the image as the example shows below.

From an uploading point of view the functionality works pretty similar to the way it has always worked with the addition of adding multiple images where previously one could only load one.

When you go to the section where you upload images you are now able to select multiple images and upload them all at the same time. You can also drag and drop files into this section:

160822175045_image%20carousel%206%20.png

After clicking the add image file button you will get the you can select multiple images to upload at once.

160822175045_image%20carousel%207%20.png

Once you have selected the files you wish to upload you can click on the open link and they will be all ready to be uploaded and once you click the upload all button they will be ready to be used.

When you are using the pre loaded images you can select multiple images:

160822181717_image%20carousel%2011%20.png

Once you have clicked on the done button you will see a list of images in the listing:

160822181950_image%20carousel%2012%20.png

Once this is done you will be able to select a primary image by clicking on the star icon below the image you want to be the first thumbnail to be displayed. You can also alter the order of the images by dragging them to the position that you want them to be displayed in.

Should you need any assistance with this please let us know and we will be more than happy to assist.

Edited by johan

booksallsizes

Ah - so this is brand new! I was listing for the first time in ages today and thought this functionality came in a while ago. But when i looked at listings I didn't see any like that. My question is: is it now not necessary to put images in the description area or would buyers still like that? It makes listing soooooo quick and easy going just the thumbnail route.

I think it's a brilliant functionality! Very impressed! And it was easy for me to work out - therefore anyone can do it!

johan

Thank you for liking it.

I would say that using the thumbnails it is much easier to keep the description compact and functional. Buyers would in most cases have a better chance of seeing all the images related to an item and the full description without having to scroll.

It would make it easier in our view.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Thank you for liking it.

I would say that using the thumbnails it is much easier to keep the description compact and functional. Buyers would in most cases have a better chance of seeing all the images related to an item and the full description without having to scroll.

T\

Thank you,its a great functionality and also rewarding to see BOB is looking for innovative ways to help sellers and buyers have a much improved experience.

neil

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

mrmouse
Thank you for liking it.

Nice , just a pity some sellers still think only a single thumbnail is allowed ,anywhere on their listing and say they are not allowed or able to post decent pictures anywhere else , good times ahead educating the masses.

bellemodel

Nice , just a pity some sellers still think only a single thumbnail is allowed ,anywhere on their listing and say they are not allowed or able to post decent pictures anywhere else , good times ahead educating the masses.

Thanks, now I am educated too