Sign in to follow this  
Atenea

putting your store on holiday

Atenea

Hi

what is the easiest way to go on holiday for 3 weeks as a seller with more than 500 items listed? Do I really have to remove my listings? And relist when I am back?

voldermort

I have done this before without closing any items. I simply make a note under both Shipping & Payment Details that I am away from x to x thus no posting etc will be done during this period. I have never had any problems doing it this way.

Free Soul Styles

As long as you make it VERY clear that you are away till such and such a date, you shouldn't have any issues. Make it big and easy to read, in case someone says they didn't know!

Allstar

I also had this issue, I don't have nearly as many listings but you can bulk close/relist items, can't remember exactly where it was but that it is there.

booksallsizes

I have asked BoB about this MANY times, many years ago (I gave up asking). It seems you just have to close everything and then open them again. Or, as has been discussed, make a note on your listings. Most international selling sites do have a 'holiday' option which makes life so much easier than fiddling with your listings. They told me their concern was with sellers going away and not dealing with the items that have bids on them. This is the seller's problem, and I don't think a good seller would go away and leave their buyer hanging for a few weeks. I think items that do not have bids on them can be put on 'holiday' while those with bids remain active and the seller has to complete the process for those particular items.

But anyway. I just close everything and then slog for days putting them all up again. The picklist can only handle so many listings so I don't use it for that purpose.