Sign in to follow this  
Tiaan01

Sellers driving up auction prices

Tiaan01

Is it just me, but it seems like sellers are creating "fake" accounts to drive up prices on their auctions. I have lost the exact same item now 5 times, what is the ods of the seller having 5 cameras with the exact same shuttercount week after week, everytime the seller lists it again. BoB should have more strict rules regarding cancelation of orders. A seller simply uses another account to bid you up, if they end up winning they just cancel the sale. Does not seem fair.

johan

Hi Tiaan,

On the item pages there links where you can report issues like this. The link is called spot a problem you can report suspicious bidders on the link and we will be notified to investigate the matter.

We do not allow sellers to bid on their own items so this is a matter that we do take seriously and something that we will investigate.

Regards,

Johan

Allstar

Is it a very prominent seller on the R1 auctions, often sells a lot of high end camera equip and laptops etc?

inuna

I have on more than one occassion requested a lookk into buyer TAZZY22, this one keeps driving proces up.

Think I'm being silly, this buyer, 'buys' everything from one seller, on one auction!

BOB, please investigate, the evidence is clear,

johan

Hi Inuna,

The situation that you are describing would lead bidorbuy to look into the dealings of a particular user to see if we can find anything untoward.

I have had a look and I do not see specific evidence that is linking this user to one specific seller. I can see that they purchase from a few different sellers, I can also see on my side things like payments that are being made etc.

To give a bit of background we do get cases where people buy on bidorbuy to resell, leading to them buy lots of products from specific sellers and doing business on a regular basis. This could also then look like the situation you are describing without anything untoward happening.

We do take these matters seriously and the penalty for shill bidding is quite serious in our view and that is why it is important to make the correct decision based on clear evidence. I know that my reply might frustrate you but I hope that you understand that we do not want people on the site that is manipulating the system and that we have to have clear evidence to remove them.

Johan