Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

The Future Looks Bright ...Amazing Price for a S. African Token reached on BidorBuy

Pierre_Henri

I must say that the prices of numismatic rarities on BidorBuy are slowly but surely starting to rise again.

I was truly stunned when this token sold for more than double its estimated (catalogue) value of R5000.00, when it found a new owner for over R11 000.00.

That must be some kind of record for a South African Token.

Ten Shillings (10/-) Token : SA Union Internment Camps (VERY RARE)

coinoisseur

Hi Pierre

The token is very RARE and hence the price. It is one that eluded me for many years to complete my Union Interment Set. In 25 years, this is the first one I have seen come up for sale. In the long run, the high price is justified. The pound of this series is also very very rare and probably only 4-5 known specimens. Happy with my purchase and keep the True Classical Numismatic items coming........

Cheers

Pierre_Henri
Hi Pierre

The token is very RARE and hence the price. It is one that eluded me for many years to complete my Union Interment Set. In 25 years, this is the first one I have seen come up for sale. In the long run, the high price is justified. The pound of this series is also very very rare and probably only 4-5 known specimens. Happy with my purchase and keep the True Classical Numismatic items coming........

Cheers

Looks like the revival in South African numismatic and collectible item prices are becoming widespread - these two badges fetched over R10 000 each last night

Very Large ZAR Badge (with Double Shaft Wagon)

Very Large ZAR metal Badge (with colored Coat of Arms)