Sign in to follow this  
anthony03

Mobi Credit on Bid or Buy

anthony03

Greetings all- Just noticed a new message from Bid or Buy promoting Mobi Credit as a method of payment. It mentioned a small fee for the transaction and when I contacted them this morning it turns out that I would have to fork out and additional 4.32% for that transaction. I stopped the Credit Card option as a method of payment ( 5%) for this very reason. I personally cannot see this taking off and I would not use it as a payment option as the buyer would already be paying out interest in the form of 21% per annum which would surely be sufficient profit for the provider. This is not a win win situation for sellers.

CardinaJewels

Tend to disagree personally. It is the oddest thing to me why people wont accept credit cards because of the fees, Personally like many other people I will use my card to swipe for everything, if online and say I am looking for a laptop seller A has the laptop I want but do not accept credit card or mobi cred, I do not have the money available right now but want to use my credit, so I find seller B who has the same or similar laptop and does accept my payment method. Simple as that, Seller A gets no sale, Seller B now instead of 30% profit makes only 25% profit but its a sale he did not have otherwise. Studies have shown for a fact that stores that do not accept card facilities lose out on sales, It makes more sense to offer as many payment options as possible.

mrmouse

I agree with credit card as well , i offer card facilities on all goods for sale and allways look for a seller that accepts a credit card my E Bucks that I get from swiping my card far outweigh any negatives .

bellemodel

I suppose it only works if you have big profit margins.

mrmouse
I suppose it only works if you have big profit margins.

Actually not ,wouldnt you rather have 20 items sold and loose 5 percent than have 1 sold as cash .youre profit on a single itemmay drop but your turnover is sure to go up

bellemodel

At least profit margins bigger than 5% and profit bigger than R30 (making up a parcel, calling the courier, send tracking numbers, etc. for less than R30 is not worth it)