Sign in to follow this  
booksallsizes

International parcels stuck in Cape Town

booksallsizes

I have just had a conversation with an SAPO official about where an international parcel I sent to France in early February might be. He told me that all outgoing surface mail parcels to Europe have been sitting in Cape Town for the last four months because the SAPO hasn't paid their shipping company.

If true, it's absolutely scandalous that there have not been statements issued in this regard. Both our postal agency and nearby post office know nothing about this and are still accepting foreign parcels.

Has anyone else heard about this? Could it be true. I am well and truly shocked if it is indeed the case...

Free Soul Styles

I've sent about 4 parcels to the UK in the last few months and they have all been delivered, with replies from the buyer.

booksallsizes

Was this via surface mail or airmail?

Free Soul Styles

They went via airmail. I did get a few items via surface mail as well, from England. Didn't take too long.

booksallsizes

There is apparently no problem with sending airmail out and receiving surface mail. It's outgoing surface mail that's stuck in a warehouse at the harbour.

mrmouse

I send outgoing surface mail to Marseille all the time and havent had anything get lost or stuck , maybe one specific batch only

queen of hearts

Have a parcel I posted on the 19/5/ Surface Mail to new Zealand - last movement was 27/6 and it is still in Durban - so 6 weeks and it hasn't even left the country yet - eish.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Have a parcel I posted on the 19/5/ Surface Mail to new Zealand - last movement was 27/6 and it is still in Durban - so 6 weeks and it hasn't even left the country yet - eish.

I send regularly international register mail.6-7 medium or large register letters per week.

The only ones that are reasonable are to the UK ,Can be in same week by some miracle ,but usually within 2 weeks and the USA AROUND 3-4 weeks.

Any where else and up to 6-7 weeks before it even arrives in the destination country.

This has gotten worse since a few months ago and there are no answers,its ridiculous,one can hold on for 30 minutes with customer service and still not get through and then all they can tell u is the same u can see on tracking.

AS a seller it kills your international business as most international buyers raise a dispute around 30 days and thats just about on all transactions as most are taking 6-7 weeks to arrive if u are fortunate.

Courier not an option as just too expensive,but the SAPO is not giving us the service we are paying for AND i basically have to stop selling internationally as its just too stressful after each sale and waiting to see if the orders arrive.

neil