Sign in to follow this  
Free Soul Styles

Bid or Buy staff need to communicate more on shipping rules and regulation

Free Soul Styles

I think Bob needs to sit their staff down and discuss the situation in regards to shipping via the post office and the rules that go with it. Numerous times i have had buyers and sellers (including myself) get different answers from different staff members.

1. The buyer is upset (not my buyer) that his parcel was sent via post office without a tracking number, the seller cannot give any proof the item was sent and BoB staff said that he, the seller, is not responsible as he sent it out and the buyer opted for that shipping. The buyer is concerned that the seller never sent it as he refuses to give any proof ,the seller claims the buyer got it and is lying.

2. Seller sends out a parcel with tracking number, buyer gets it a week later. One month later he claims he got an empty parcel and rates the seller negative. BoB says it's the sellers responsibility until the item is in the sellers hands and refuses to remove the negative rating until a refund to the buyer is completed.

So one Bob staff member says it's not the sellers problem, the parcel was sent. Another one says that until the parcel is safely in the buyers hands, the seller is responsible. Also, another person claimed that regardless of the seller stating they claim no responsibility if a buyer opts for post office, the seller is still responsible as he/she offers the option in the first place.

Please BoB, send an email, have a meeting and get everyone to agree on ONE set of rules. It gets very frustrating when you call/email and everyone has a different answer.

Edited by Free Soul Styles

mrmouse

The CPA for what its worth states that it is the sellers responsibility to ensure the buyer recieves the item purchased , with out a tracking number for the customer you are open to litigation { for fraud } as you have no proof of sending the item , that is why EBay will refund you if you havent recieved the item in 6 weeks and have lodged a complaint ,Fraud is a big word and unfortunately you have to prove that the seller willingly and knowingly took youre money with no intention of sending the goods < so with out a tracking number if you havent recieved an item you are essentially screwed and cant do much about it unless you have a lawyer in youre back pocket and unfortunately sellers know that . It should be that no items are sent without a tracking number its safer for all.To protect yourself rather get a tracking number if you send something .

Free Soul Styles

I agree. I offer the shipping method, i am responsible. If i send an item with no tracking number, it's my problem if the buyer does not get it. But BoB staff seem to have different views on this and that's the problem. They need one answer and stick with it. Not give out different answers.

mrmouse

for what its worth , the laws/ rules are open to interpretation ,look after your own backside and stuff the rest .Keep your nose clean and you can rest easy at night .

republikein

It can never be the sellers responsibility (unless the parcel is insured, and coins are mostly not insurable) to ensure that the buyer's parcel does not get stolen or the contents tampered with. The seller has got absolutely no control whatsoever about what happens with the parcel after it gets accepted by the post office or a courier company. The PO or courier will anyway not accept an open parcel, thus, if it arrives open at the other end (or gets stolen) the post office or courier must accept full responsibility with what happened whilst in transit. Big companies can insure the product they sell, but small time BOB sellers cannot afford this.

mrmouse

You can contact the D T I for more info , its quite interesting reading and unfortunately the small sellers are included in the bill , because you are in effect a business selling goods , unfortunately the onus is on the seller to select a secure method of delivery irrespective , coins/ as they get stuck in the automatic sorting machines and stuffs them up ,so you are actually putting youre own foot in it by using the PO to transport coins { not my rules } so you cant claim or complain when they go AWOL. [h=5]Manual sorting[/h]

Postal items that cannot be sorted automatically, for example those that are too thick; envelopes containing objects such as coins, pins, etc.; or flimsy mail, are sorted manually on sorting presses that are labelled according to the sort plan.

Edited by mrmouse

Allstar

I've also got this mixed response from Bidorbuy admin, what happens if you offer insurance and various shipping options and a buyer chooses Post Office postage with no insurance and the item gets lost, who is liable?

Free Soul Styles

Allstar, same thing. Regardless of insurance, you offer the certain option then you are liable until it is in the buyers hands, or not, depending on who handles the inquiry at BoB. Again, i think we need clear black and white terms in this regard.

Allstar
Allstar, same thing. Regardless of insurance, you offer the certain option then you are liable until it is in the buyers hands, or not, depending on who handles the inquiry at BoB. Again, i think we need clear black and white terms in this regard.

I phoned them today to clarify this and they said if you offer an insurance option and clearly state that in your shipping terms then if the buyer chooses no insurance and the item goes missing or is damaged(due to the shippers negligence) during shipping then the buyer will be liable. If no insurance option is offered then any loss will be for the sellers account.

Free Soul Styles

Yeah, you see. It all depends on who you talk to there. Just make sure you know who you spoke to and deal with only that person. If you talk to someone else you might get a different answer. Yay for you though!!