troymanq

Sellers who don't post ratings

troymanq

When I meet all my obligations as the buyer - making payment, doing so on time etc, I expect the seller to post a positive review in a reasonable amount of time. For the most part, the majority do operate this way. As soon as the payment clears, the seller rates the buyer. However, some sellers don't do this. Instead, they withhold the rating while waiting on the buyers rating which cannot be done until the items are received and checked. They then use the buyers rating as the basis of their own, despite the fact that the buyer met all possible obligations, that could be expected. Then there are sellers who 'forget' and 'ignore' requests to post ratings altogether. It is not fair on buyers to lose out on positive ratings this way. I believe that if the seller fails to post a buyers rating after payment is made/received, BoB should automatically allocate the positive rating to the buyer and have the seller dispute this if necessary. However, if a buyer made payment on time - seller has no case.

StevenSue

The same principal should apply to Buyers who do not post ratings, I sold approximately 25 items to the seller shown here last year Not one rating received, and her profile shows that she has not given any seller any rating since August last year.

Jivebunny2433

96.95% positive ratings

Joined 30 Sep 2010

Pretoria / Tshwane

Little Miss Muffet

10,084 items sold 8778 ratings received. Over 1,300 unrated sales.

JANDS
On 5/27/2016 at 8:50 AM, troymanq said:

When I meet all my obligations as the buyer - making payment, doing so on time etc, I expect the seller to post a positive review in a reasonable amount of time. For the most part, the majority do operate this way. As soon as the payment clears, the seller rates the buyer. However, some sellers don't do this. Instead, they withhold the rating while waiting on the buyers rating which cannot be done until the items are received and checked. They then use the buyers rating as the basis of their own, despite the fact that the buyer met all possible obligations, that could be expected. Then there are sellers who 'forget' and 'ignore' requests to post ratings altogether. It is not fair on buyers to lose out on positive ratings this way. I believe that if the seller fails to post a buyers rating after payment is made/received, BoB should automatically allocate the positive rating to the buyer and have the seller dispute this if necessary. However, if a buyer made payment on time - seller has no case.

I hear what you are saying to a point.  From a seller's point of view, take this scenario: Buyer bids, wins, pays fast and you post.  Seller rates positive and posts.  Buyer receives and is unhappy and either rates neg immediately without contacting the seller, or contacts seller and is either aggressive/rude or such.  Whatever offer seller makes to try to resolve, is met with hostility.  Now....this is the seller's experience and the best he can now do, is to change from a positive to a neutral? I am old-school and believe in communication.  I treasure my buyers' communication with me and merely hold the rating back till we are both happy.  If however there is a problem, my judgement is mine to be reserved till mutual satisfaction and I would be extremely unhappy were I forced to rate merely upon payment.  

mrmouse

if buyer has paid on time he has fulfilled all expectations and should be rate positively , if you have supplied inferior quality goods and he rates you accordingly , you are at fault as the seller , and deserve to be rated badly , i for one are sick and tired of sellers not fulfilling , not having stock , sending junk ,sending an alternative product ,sending incomplete orders , the shenanigans of BoB sellers lately leave something to be desired , every second add States , please contact us for availability , BoB states ,,item must be on hand , well most of the time its not , just my 2 cents , its frustrating for buyers and sellers.Rating are actually only supposed to be for the experience .

Edited by mrmouse

JANDS

".Rating are actually only supposed to be for the experience ,not the product .Thats how i see it ."  mrmouse.  I agree with you about disgust regarding unethical "service", poor service or blatant lying.  However, the rating is a two way experience.

Edited by JANDS