Sign in to follow this  
Little Miss Muffet

Post office messes up. I get the blame

Little Miss Muffet

The Post Office takes 18 days to get a parcel to a buyer and I get the blame.

How can a buyer be allowed to blame me when the tracking number was sent in good time and he receives it 18days later?

Pathetic unappreciative buyer.:colbert:.

Free Soul Styles

You offer the service, you are responsible. That's what i was told once upon a time when i offered post office. I sent a parcel in on the 26th of April, it's going overseas, it only got to the International Hub this afternoon at 17:54pm... Strange part is i checked the tracking at 16:34pm.

Little Miss Muffet

Actually the parcel lay at the buyers Post Office from 22nd April to the 7th May.

The tracking says a notification was sent on 22nd April but the buyer did not get this.

On 25th April the buyer sends me an email asking whether the tracking number I sent was

for the Post Office.The issue is that I did not answer the email so the Post Office mistake has nothing to do with

the neutral rating.

In fact I was in Hospital having a breast op on the day the email was sent and only came home on Wednesday.

With Wed crazy auction bids etc I obviously missed the email.I did not access internet in hospital

Apart from the op I was in a really bad space not knowing what the doctors may find.

I really detest buyers who have no understanding.

It does not take Chinese arithmetic to work out I am not at fault.

I hate a negative or neutral rating sitting on top there when I have Wed crazy auctions running but I have

wonderful buyers who I keep orders for until they have a few to make postage worthwhile.

So five positive ratings were just a phone call away even though they have not received these orders to cover the ugly yellow face:rolleyes:

Biopsy fine:grin: so I will still be around to put up with the odd ungrateful buyer

Edited by geewhizz

mrmouse

As a buyer and an occasional seller , I for one dont really care about whether the seller has the sniffles of just had his foot cut off , its of no concern to me , I just want what I paid for , the buyers problems are not an issue that i feel worried about and probably no one else cares either .

Little Miss Muffet

I pay for expensive advertising,source the items,clean them,photograph them,edit the images,load on Bob and post it in good time when it is sold.

I send the tracking number and if he does not receive the notification from the Post Office it is not my fault.

All he does is click a few buttons to buy the item and as far as I am concerned he has the tracking number and can search for it online or do I have to treat him like a 2 year old.He certainly acted like one.

On occasions when buyers have a problem I bend over backwards for them because it is important to me that they receive what they have paid for.

If a buyer told me he could not pay for an order because he landed up in hospital for 3 days I would be compassionate but then we are not all the same

By the I saw my doctor on Saturday morning and knew I was going to be admitted to hospital on Monday so I spent the week-end processing parcels so the buyers would get them in good time---In spite of the pain I was in.

Sorry for the rant but I get really pissed off

Edited by geewhizz

mrmouse

still no reason to call a buyer "Pathetic unappreciative buyer " , your little rant on a public forum could cost you lots of sales ,rather go break a brick or something , more people read the forum than you think .HAHA i presume so anyway.

Little Miss Muffet

No Names no Packdrill.Stubbornly wants to blame me and I think that is pathetic.

Galadriel123

MrMouse is giving you really, really good advice :) I would listen, if I were you.

I was searching for something and came upon another post of yours where you refuse to deal with anyone who has less than 50 ratings. http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum/bidorbuy-general-discussion-forum/forum-community-watch/18940-deleting-bids-and-then-giving-nonsense-reason-loux-investors

Now, I have a 100% positive rating with 149 ratings from sellers. I have a perfect payment history. (I only buy on BoB, I don't sell.) And I took the trouble of specifically viewing your items, so I could make sure to never, ever, ever buy from you.

For one, I was a first time buyer years ago too. How are new buyers supposed to become regular buyers then? Which means that you are pawning off the slack on the rest of the community, who now have to take the risk and sell to newbies until they are good enough for you. That sits very, very wrong with me.

In all the years I have been on BoB, I have only once given a seller a negative rating - and quite frankly, he deserved it over and over (BoB agreed). And even that I changed to a neutral rating once he apologized. Once I finally received my goods, I changed it to a positive, despite the horrible customer service experience / resolution process that wasted my time and energy.

I reserve neutral ratings for items which were not received, which were broken, or which were significantly different than advertised.

It is always a good thing to have compassion with people. And not to judge before we understand the circumstances. And to remember that people are people - and sometimes they make honest mistakes.

But buyers do not OWE you anything.

If this buyer is anything like me (and I would not know, he could truly be an unreasonable person, incapable of being pleased, but then again, he could just be an ordinary, or even a nice guy), all he wanted to hear was a SINCERE apology and an assurance that it won't happen again.

After all, you said it yourself, the neutral rating had nothing to do with the Post Office's performance. It had to do with the fact that you did not answer your e-mail - and did not set up an auto-responder while you were away. Since this was posted on the 16th of May - and per your post he sent you a message on the 25th of April, I am also going to take a guess and say that he gave you ample time to respond. Actually, he was probably being kind by not giving you an outright negative.

What I would very much like to know, is whether you resorted to a revenge rating to force the buyer to change their rating.

Feel free to take something from this, or to ignore it entirely if you like. I won't be engaging.

Little Miss Muffet

Whatever !!!