Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

SAPO STRIKE!!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Anyone have an update on the situation?

My manager says it will go ahead next few days and they will not be open for business.

Neil

Free Soul Styles

there's going to be a press conference tomorrow about it. The strike is a go ahead.

"It's happening and we're having a press conference in the morning (Thursday, May 5),” CWU president Clyde Mervin told Fin24 by phone on Wednesday morning.

Mervin further said the strike will be “nationwide” while marches against Sapo are expected to happen on Friday.

http://www.fin24.com/Tech/Companies/post-office-strike-going-ahead-says-union-20160504

johan

Good morning Everyone,

The latest I can see on the topic was posted yesterday afternoon.

Statement by Mark Barnes, Post Office Group CEO

The SA Post Office has received notice of a planned stay-away on 5 and 6 May 2016 from the Communication Workers Union. Our contingency plans to deal with service interruptions are being activated and we do not expect a substantial impact on delivery standards. We do not expect service at Post Office outlets to be affected either.

If it is not something that you have seriously thought about incorporating other shipping methods now is the time to seriously do so.

At bidorbuy we are currently working on a number of projects that will help sellers with shipping to make things work faster, more efficient and cost effective. If you have not already done so I would look at the following article about pargo on the bidorbuy blog to see if this could offer value to you and your customers. http://blog.bidorbuy.co.za/2016/04/shipping-pargo

If you have questions or need help setting it up please contact us at hello@bidorbuy.co.za where we will be able to assist you further.

queen of hearts

Other than Postnet not much other options and it is too expensive on small ticket items. Pargo according to their website only has a pick-up point in the tribal trustland and not any of the nearest towns so if that is the case not an option in this area. It would be far better if Bid or Buy could negotiate some sort of alternative with Postnet for small items than the rate on 5Kgs.

Little Miss Muffet

I have always felt that Bidorbuy could set up some shipping arrangement

Good for you,always improving. :blink1: