Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Image uploading

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I notiice form this morning some changes

However when using the description page to upload two or more images then the first image gets replaced with the new image u uploading instead of adding the additional images.

Am i doing something wrong or has the system got teething problems

neil

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Sorted out thanks,it was me,the OK button has moved but with some help from William at BOB,we sorted,thanks

neil

admin

Hi Nr. N, happy to hear you are sorted.

Kind regards

Andries

Little Miss Muffet

What a mess. Why did Bidorbuy introduce a more time consuming image loading.The other one worked far better.I am not sorted.

JANDS
What a mess. Why did Bidorbuy introduce a more time consuming image loading.The other one worked far better.I am not sorted.

I agree. The previous one was user-friendly. Html editor has tools greyed out so copying and pasting has now become rocket science? Seriously?

Amen Geewhizz.

Edited by JANDS

Little Miss Muffet

No help,no explanation on how to use it. I can only load 1 image at a time

JANDS

Watch this space for details......:-)

JANDS

Coupla days later and I am still watching this space for details. It has made me think of the "New and Improved" syndrome. Take a car that works perfectly back in the 80's, fluff it up, bling the crap out of it, charge 50 times more and sell it back to us. Back then it got 12km/l and now it does perhaps 14km/l......

Holy crap people. No explanation, no sales job, just the deafening roar of silence?

Little Miss Muffet

We are supposed to be computer literate

sakkievs

Can somebody please help. It has now become an absolute pain to upload 1x image at a time.

voldermort

It seems thus far I am the only person who actually likes this new image uploader. It takes only a few seconds to upload an image whereas the other uploader took far longer and also, for the last few monthes, did not load many pictures at all (always just showing a broken image) The only thing I do not like with this new uploader is when uploading - you have 3 options, upload an existing image, upload a new image & upload an address....my finger automatically veers to the left (upload an existing image when it should be a new image, hence it would be perfect if the new image were on the left) apart from that, I personally think this is a job well done. After all, are we all so terribly busy that uploading one image at a time at +- 30 seconds per image, is going to cut so much into our busy busy lives....I think not. Well done BoB, I for one appreciate this new & improved uploader.

Little Miss Muffet

I cannot see my image gallery or enlarge an image to see if it is the one I want to use. It is frustrating. I hate it.

Oh I see we have a link for detail. But still it is better to have the gallery the way it was. I still hate it

Edited by geewhizz

JANDS
After all, are we all so terribly busy that uploading one image at a time at +- 30 seconds per image, is going to cut so much into our busy busy lives....I think not. Well done BoB, I for one appreciate this new & improved uploader.

I would rather be busy staring at the sea from my bedroom than be glued to a screen re-learning what used to be a workable tool.

My beef is the copy and paste issue however, but it seems the forum is a selectively forgotten corner.

Meh.

Little Miss Muffet

David Berry called me to explain the reason for the changes.Jands perhaps you should call him

and try and resolve the copy and paste issue.

JANDS
David Berry called me to explain the reason for the changes.Jands perhaps you should call him

and try and resolve the copy and paste issue.

Thanks geewhizz.

Little Miss Muffet

Try the yellow icon on far left and try pasting in the url path. Seems it works with something copied- even text

JANDS

On many occasions on this platform, I have complimented service and great attitude from Bidorbuy staff. All of it in sincerity.

Here comes the rub: Usually, (Don't know about you lot) I have grown accustomed to pretty words spouting a lot of crap of which the short of the long is that it is my problem. So I sort it myself, not always perfect, but it suffices. I bl1ksem off in my own direction muttering about changing ages and such.

So I am multitasking this afternoon, coffee, smoke, cooking and listening to good music when I get a call from a Valie number......(If it was "private number", I was going to put him on hold and go for a cycle. Turns out it is a fellow by the name of Dave Berry. Ja ja....bear with me even though I am getting longwinded. Sincerely friendly, sincerely helpful....and I am still happing bubbles happily that the small guys on Bidorbuy get heard and helped.

Dave.....lang blerrie story.....Thank you SO much for the call and the professional help and the attitude and making me believe that customer support is a reality in a fast fading world. Mouthful I know....but truly meant. Have a great evening.

Well done Bidorbuy and the team.

sakkievs

Must commend BOB here or shall we say Dave. Thank you for the call. Appreciate it when somebody listens.

booksallsizes

I have just started listing again after quite a (lazy) break... I love the new way of uploading (except, as Voldemort says, the finger veers automatically to the old spot!) but I have a question. If you upload all your photos to the thumbnail area, are these able to now take the place of adding images in the description area. Is it visible to the buyer that these images can be scrolled to view via the thumbnail function or do you still have to put them in the description box. And should I just do that anyway to make viewing easier for the buyer?

Or do I just not understand anything at all!!:wink:

Little Miss Muffet

Just look at these complaints I made

(1)What a mess. Why did Bidorbuy introduce a more time consuming image loading.The other one worked far better.I am not sorted.

(2) I cannot see my image gallery or enlarge an image to see if it is the one I want to use. It is frustrating. I hate it.

Oh I see we have a link for detail. But still it is better to have the gallery the way it was. I still hate it

(3)What a mess. Why did Bidorbuy introduce a more time consuming image loading.The other one worked far better.I am not sorted.

I must say the new image loading has turned out to be FANTASTIC--Thank you Bidorbuy

Edited by geewhizz