Sign in to follow this  
shamotz

Sellers who delete winning bids

shamotz

I've bid on promo offers (like crazy Wednesday and weekend specials) and sometimes like this weekend my bid is deleted.... I was the only bidder on a computer and this morning I get an email to say my bid has been deleted and the item has been removed... The reason given is there was an error in the listing.... I find it very difficult to believe because the seller posts identical computers regularly on promotions. Us there anything preventing sellers from deleting bids if they aren't getting their expected price?

naudeej

Hi, It's happened to me a few times before (on other items). And most of the times the ad appeared again - exactly the same. So the so-called error never existed. Surely if this happens with the same seller often, BidorBuy should warn the seller and/or take some action.

reeceonlinetrading
I've bid on promo offers (like crazy Wednesday and weekend specials) and sometimes like this weekend my bid is deleted.... I was the only bidder on a computer and this morning I get an email to say my bid has been deleted and the item has been removed... The reason given is there was an error in the listing.... I find it very difficult to believe because the seller posts identical computers regularly on promotions. Us there anything preventing sellers from deleting bids if they aren't getting their expected price?

send a complaint to BOB with the sellers details let them investigate, hes most probably not getting the amount he wants and then deletes bids with a lame excuse

Allstar

I have had the same thing happen recently, near closing an item was well below retail and it appears the seller decided he'd just delete all the bids and close/delete the auction, fortunately me and another bidder were bidding at the time so each time he deleted the bids we just rebid immediately. It's very scaly, I'd also approach community watch and ask them, let us know how it goes, I've had this happen a few times in the past, normally when I'm not at my computer.