Sign in to follow this  
StudMuffinsMissus

International Mail

StudMuffinsMissus

Please advise...currently what is the best / most economical way to ship parcels internationally? And where can I find tariffs?

Cali Craft and Gems

Depending on the size / weight of the item and how quickly you want to get it there will depend on what service you will be using - generally the faster, the more expensive.

The fastest is EMS via the post office - Expedited Mail Service and their service is fast! Basically a "cheap" courier to door delivery (I sent a 10kg parcel to the UK from the middle of the Klein Karoo and it got delivered within 3 days). For small parcels, you could use the registered airmail option via the post office but insist that they use the calculations on the "small" sheet in the booklet (the one giving you options for airmail / surface mail for within Southern Africa or international) - this is the cheapest up to 2kg. The larger worksheet is for the larger parcels. Airmail is generally the quickest (I've sent a 150g envelope to Wales and it was delivered to door in 4 days and a 30kg parcel to the middle of the Australian outback which was delivered in 6 days!).

Regular couriers are simply waaaaaay too expensive - even just for documents!