Sign in to follow this  
BABADAUD

Responsibility for damage to goods during delivery

BABADAUD

• Edit
    • Flag

Edited by BABADAUD

Little Miss Muffet

I agree .I have had 1 plate break and I was unsure in myself at the time of packing it.I should have listened to my instinct.

I did send her another plate.

I wonder if it does not have something to do with whether a man or woman is packing the parcel

I marketed for over 20 years and 90% (without exaggerating) if a man bought china and I started wrapping it up he would say"No you don't have to wrap it"

I did anyway.

Another thing I find in ratings is when a seller makes a mistake and the buyer wants to return the item for a refund,the seller wants the buyer to pay the return postage.

As far as I am concerned if a seller is at fault,the buyer must end up in the the same position as he was before he bought the item R0.00.i.e cost him nothing.

If the item is going to be replaced the seller must be responsible for the return and forward postage.

That is how a normal big business, with integrity, would operate and so should we.:colbert:

CardinaJewels

Fully agree with the views above, several times we have had parcels arrive that the post office clearly squashed, our packaging is still so fully intact that the buyers occasionally think we packed the piece already damaged, it is just sometimes unavoidable and we usually just dispatch a new product at our cost or refund if no longer available, if it is a courier company we process insurance claims ourselves and refund the buyer immediately, I agree that your customers should not be held liable for these things that are normal business costs, No business is all profit all the way, these things pop up from time to time but are a small percentage of all the smooth transactions we have as sellers.

As i say "Smile and Wave" :) carry on with business but make sure customers are looked after as much as possible, they are our bread and butter after all