Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

The forum is dead!

Miss Jewels

A really sad day for me to post this.....but I am really not sure what has happened to our forum. 2 Years ago there was cheerful banting, swopping of ideas, good and bad comments and much more. It was a pleasure to log in. Now there is little or nothing....so sad.

On 18 March I replied to a comment from Principia Trading regarding gemstones. To date, no feedback or reply to this. I've even called in to BoB offices with promises of having my calls returned, but also nothing.

And it's not only my comments or queries that have received no feedback. I've noticed that it is either sellers or buyers who are replying to topics as BoB staff/management as just non existent lately. (Thank you Admin for some of the feedback).

Just what is going on? From being a top selling platform with good communication and co-operation beween BoB and members, it's died a slow and painful death.

I really would like to see us being able to trade as we did a few years ago.

Any thoughts or comments will be more than welcome.

Cali Craft and Gems

I agree - I only came on to the forum now because a buyer pointed out the gemstone entry to my attention. If I was not for my loyal clientele who purchase our jewellery, I would have given up on BoB a long time ago.

queen of hearts

A lot of things need to be seen to especially the turn around time between buying and shipping from certain sellers. Those that are 5 star sellers know who they are.. Paid for an item on the 17/3 - so far not a word from the seller. Another seller took a month to post after payment and when this was queried was not exacty polite but personally will never buy anything from him again. It is also extremely irritating to continually get a please rate your seller notice when an item has not even been shipped yet. Sad to say we often receive an item from EBay faster than from a local seller.

Little Miss Muffet

I am having a real problem at the moment and the best place to discuss it would be the forum but no one reads it so I see no point in it

I have spoken to Johan who has been helpful but Bob user input would be more useful

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Its the "usual suspects" that post every now and then on the forum.

The coin forum is only one that is used regularly.

Contributing factor is every one is so busy trying to make a living,whether a part time or full time seller,i think we all are battling along.

In my opinion BOB needs a major overhaul,in many categories they are outdated,too many free listings allowed which just fill the site with junk etc.

The "glory days " think will never return,but is still a good platform for sellers but needs some upgrades and some changes.

Maybe a good idea would be for bob to brainstorm using some top sellers from all categories to get some ideas.A f ew years ago i put forward some changes to the selling page to make it easier for sellers and these were implemented to good effect.

Neil

Principia Trading

Hi Everyone

Lets brainstorm some ideas in this post. I agree with those of you who have said that the site is not very user friendly and the learning curve does put off newer users.

What can we do to improve the situation?

PS Miss Jewels I must apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I have replied to your original query on the forum now. I will also follow up with our Operations Manager as to why no messages from the Customer Services department reached me.

Miss Jewels

Thank you Alex for clearing up the query regarding valuations. This is only for loose gemstones and not gemstones that have been set.

Thank you Principia Trading for getting back to me. I spoke to Jacques last week regarding this query and he was going to get someone to call me back.....

Principia Trading
Thank you Alex for clearing up the query regarding valuations. This is only for loose gemstones and not gemstones that have been set.

Thank you Principia Trading for getting back to me. I spoke to Jacques last week regarding this query and he was going to get someone to call me back.....

No problem. I will speak to Jacques about the failure in communications...

alloway65
A really sad day for me to post this.....but I am really not sure what has happened to our forum. 2 Years ago there was cheerful banting, swopping of ideas, good and bad comments and much more. It was a pleasure to log in. Now there is little or nothing....so sad.

On 18 March I replied to a comment from Principia Trading regarding gemstones. To date, no feedback or reply to this. I've even called in to BoB offices with promises of having my calls returned, but also nothing.

And it's not only my comments or queries that have received no feedback. I've noticed that it is either sellers or buyers who are replying to topics as BoB staff/management as just non existent lately. (Thank you Admin for some of the feedback).

Just what is going on? From being a top selling platform with good communication and co-operation beween BoB and members, it's died a slow and painful death.

I really would like to see us being able to trade as we did a few years ago.

Any thoughts or comments will be more than welcome.

I agree, the Forum used to be great fun and informative.....now a sad situation.