Sign in to follow this  
Serthentia Sales

How many "non-fulfillment warnings" does it take before a buyer is disabled???

Serthentia Sales

TO BIDORBUY STAFF!!!!!!!!

I would like the BoB staff to please tell me what the point is of giving "non-fulfillment warnings" against non-paying buyers? Because nothing gets done about the buyer. They just laugh at the so-called "warning" and continue wasting seller's time.

See the buyer below: Hoosaincader153

84.30% positive ratings

Joined 02 Nov 2015

Cape Town

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/user/3209061/Hoosaincader

The buyer has had 27 Negative ratings in the past month (ie 27 SNC's filed, 27 "non-fulfillment warnings" issued) and yet the buyer is STILL bidding at will on MANY, MANY items and then deciding AFTER the auctions close which of his winning bids he wants to pay for and which ones he wants to ignore.

When the buyer finally replies (after many emails requesting payment ar at leaset response), buyer tells me he will pay "soon" as he is "waiting for money to come in". That was 3 weeks ago and no payment has been received. He now says the same thing for the second order he purchased from me, again that he is "waiting for money to come in". Yet the buyer is STILL buying every crazy auction, and making payment for only some orders which he decides he wants after the auction. the rest he ignores.

I can guarantee that if a seller had received these types of ratings the account would be disabled. Why is the same not done to a buyer who does not follow the policies of the site?

Is there not an automated system which will disable a buyer's account pending review when they receive a certain number of negative ratings within a timeframe? If not, I would like BoB to implement such a system. It cannot be too difficult and a simple script added to the server would do the job.

Please put measures in place to protect the sellers on BoB, it is not only the buyers who need protection from scammers. We sellers pay a lot of money in premium listing fees (R100 a pop) and when a buyer like this wastes our money we are just told to accept it and we cannot get those costs back, Yet nothing gets done about these buyers and they are allowed to continue to waste our time and money with impunity.

The above buyer is just one of MANY, MANY buyers who do the exact same thing... bid and win autions, and then decide after the auctions which ones he/she actually wants.

TO OTHER BOB SELLERS!!!!!

Please feel free to chip in with your views on this. We need to band together so that BoB will take the matter as seriously as it is. In my opinion it is as bad as theft from the buyer as by not making payment they are essentially "stealing" our listing fees

CardinaJewels

Unfortunately as much as it hurts to have losses this comes with running a online store, I look at it this way, I have a physical store and someone comes in and really wants something, they will come back to pay for it so I put it aside and a week passes and they don't show up, I cannot go to the mall management and complain about the poor buyers they let in and need to keep this person out because they wasted my time, I will still be liable for the rent at month end and staff salaries and the possible advertising to get that customer in the door.

I totally get where you are coming from and we have the same problem time and again, and hear it all, from I was in hospital to the common my account was hacked and someone bid on a whole bunch of items I dont want, It is sad but it comes with a online store, this is the same if you sell on Ebay or any other platform, it is best to smile and wave, the good buyers far outweigh the bad and sometimes you will even see non payers come back a year later and be one of your good customers.

However if it really does bother you then block them from your auction after the SNC and delete their bids on current auctions as they have previous outstanding orders, but no i do not agree with it being the same as theft. Just my personal 2 cents worth, take it as you will :)

Serthentia Sales
Unfortunately as much as it hurts to have losses this comes with running a online store, I look at it this way, I have a physical store and someone comes in and really wants something, they will come back to pay for it so I put it aside and a week passes and they don't show up, I cannot go to the mall management and complain about the poor buyers they let in and need to keep this person out because they wasted my time, I will still be liable for the rent at month end and staff salaries and the possible advertising to get that customer in the door.

I totally get where you are coming from and we have the same problem time and again, and hear it all, from I was in hospital to the common my account was hacked and someone bid on a whole bunch of items I dont want, It is sad but it comes with a online store, this is the same if you sell on Ebay or any other platform, it is best to smile and wave, the good buyers far outweigh the bad and sometimes you will even see non payers come back a year later and be one of your good customers.

However if it really does bother you then block them from your auction after the SNC and delete their bids on current auctions as they have previous outstanding orders, but no i do not agree with it being the same as theft. Just my personal 2 cents worth, take it as you will :)

Hi CardinaJewels. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I do understand where you are coming from, and when a bidder doesnt pay once or twice then okay. But when they buy and dont pay for so many items in less than a month something needs to be done. Us sellers will be penalized for the smallest breach of the Ts&Cs, buyers must also comply with the conditions which they agreed to when joining the site. They agreed to them and must therefore be bound by them. I see some new buyers who register on one day and within a week have 30 or 40 negatives for non-payment and yet they continue buying and wasting our time and money as sellers. Yes, it is part of running an online store. And yes, it is a risk we bare as sellers. However, Bid or Buy sets certain terms that are there to mitigate or at least lessen the risk to both buyers and sellers. They respond very swiftly to a problem on the sellers side so as to lessen the buyer's risk, but do not seem very interested in enforcing their own regulations when it comes to buyers. Buyers who make a genuine mistake, its acceptable. But when they deliberately bid knowing that they have bid on say 5 of the same items from different sellers and will only pay for the one that ends at the lowest winning bid and ignore the rest, that is not acceptable and is a clear breach the Ts&Cs of this site. Buyers like that need to be banned from the site in my opinion.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Hi CardinaJewels. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I do understand where you are coming from, and when a bidder doesnt pay once or twice then okay. But when they buy and dont pay for so many items in less than a month something needs to be done. Us sellers will be penalized for the smallest breach of the Ts&Cs, buyers must also comply with the conditions which they agreed to when joining the site. They agreed to them and must therefore be bound by them. I see some new buyers who register on one day and within a week have 30 or 40 negatives for non-payment and yet they continue buying and wasting our time and money as sellers. Yes, it is part of running an online store. And yes, it is a risk we bare as sellers. However, Bid or Buy sets certain terms that are there to mitigate or at least lessen the risk to both buyers and sellers. They respond very swiftly to a problem on the sellers side so as to lessen the buyer's risk, but do not seem very interested in enforcing their own regulations when it comes to buyers. Buyers who make a genuine mistake, its acceptable. But when they deliberately bid knowing that they have bid on say 5 of the same items from different sellers and will only pay for the one that ends at the lowest winning bid and ignore the rest, that is not acceptable and is a clear breach the Ts&Cs of this site. Buyers like that need to be banned from the site in my opinion.

Agreed,the buyer u refer to is definitely doing that and thats not acceptable,times are dificult enough for sellers.

Neil

StevenSue

Hi I am new to the forum, and have a similar experience with the buyer shown here minkyrossouw3217

58.59% positive ratings

Joined 22 Nov 2013

Johannesburg

This buyer has purchased 171 items in the past month and has clocked up 41 negatives in a row, something should be done.

mrmouse
Unfortunately as much as it hurts to have losses this comes with running a online store,

I agree 100 percent .it comes with the territory . accept it or go sell at the school flea market , but i guarantee you will still get more sales on Bob

Vegar

In principle the international auction laws apply to Bidorbuy. I go to auctions often and if I decided to leave without paying for the auctions I won, legal action would be instigated against me. However, the 'New consumer act' protects the buyer on BoB. Meaning the buyer has the right to refuse to go through with the purchase. I don't have a lot of open auctions so I check bidder's history and if they have less than 95% positives I just delete their bid. It is an unfortunate situation for sellers who pay a lot of listing fees!

Allstar

The op's concerns are genuine, Bidorbuy should have a maximum non-payment strike out rule, if you don't honour say 5 sales/won auctions then your account is disabled/blacklisted etc, there must be some automatic facility to limit buyer abuse. Non payers cost sellers real money, admin time/with holding stock for a buyer that never materializes/priority listing fees/time chasing after the buyer etc.