Sign in to follow this  
wekwa

Post office shipping prices up again

wekwa

Was advised by the teller at my local post office that the ordinary parcel is set to be increased to R50.90 from 1 April.

queen of hearts

Post Office usually increases prices from the 1/4/ but even now on some smaller items once you add the postage they are not worth the cost. Many of the Facebook groups of sellers will wait until you have enough smaller items to make the postage viable - perhaps sommething Bobbers should think about.

Little Miss Muffet

From 20.90 econo parcel a year ago to R50.90 is R150 % increase. We are paying for Post Office fraud.

I will keep buyers parcels for a month if they ask me and send them all together

I do not know how many sellers are paying for Volumetric postage which makes larger parcels very expensive.

I was not paying for volumetric as they seem to have done away with it.Apparently it was reintroduced but not all post offices were notified.My Post Office was not charging me volumetric until a staff member from another Post Office who was charging volumetric (Which closed down) came over to our Post Office.

That was 3 months ago so I tried a neighbouring Post Office and they were not measuring parcels.This Post Office is closing in 2 days time so there goes my cheaper parcels.

It just shows what sort of communication there is in the Post Office system. Some charging Volumetric and others not heard of it.