Sign in to follow this  
Serthentia Sales

Accepting credit card payments via PayFast - Allowed or Not???

Serthentia Sales

Hello.

I would like to know if it is allowed for me to list Credit/Debit card payment as an extra option for my buyers? I have a verified PayFast account for Credit/Debit card processing. I would like to add it in the "other payment" section for those buyers who wish to pay via Credit/Debit card.

Also, would BoB not consider adding PayFast as an official payment method? It is an excellent system and should not be too difficult to integrate into the checkout procedure and shopping cart to allow seamless checkout for buyers.

If someone from BoB could get back to me regarding this I would appreciate it

Vinyl Lady Decals

I agree, I think it's an excellent system and would be a great alternative payment method.

Serthentia Sales

Any feedback from BoB?

Serthentia Sales

Can someone from BoB please advise on this query? I would like to offer the PayFast option but need confirmation tat it is allowed.

Serthentia Sales

STILL nothing from Bid or Buy on this matter!!! But I guarantee that if I place this as a payment option on my listings and BoB have a problem with it, they will come wanting to restrict my account very fast. But when you ask for assistance to find out if it is alloowed, nothing is forthcoming from the staff.

SOMEONE FROM BIDORBUY PLEASE REPSPOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johan

Hi Serentia Sales.

We offer other payment methods where advanced sellers can offer payment methods that is other than the traditional bidorbuy options. This is basically an option that has remained on bidorbuy from the time before we had the bobpay systems.

What we see in buyer behaviour is that they want to use a payment method that they can identify as one that will link their payment to the order on the platform they are using. Also buyers prefer payment methods that will offer them protection, speed and ease of use which is something that is not easy to guarantee as a platform when you integrate with 3rd parties.

What you will most likely see in the future are enhancements and more features on in house payment options. And if there would 3rd party integrations of new payment methods it would focus on services we can not offer in house.

Regards,

Johan