Sign in to follow this  
electronics4less

BidorBuy now taking sides when buyer/seller disagree?

electronics4less

I recently sold a second-hand XBOX 360 with games and a few extras, on the Crazy Wednesday auction -

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/217650186/XBOX_360_4GB_console_Kinect_12_games_controller_media_remote.html.

Unfortunately the buyer was not happy as according to him/her:

Console was dirty

Games were scratched

Games were not in their original boxes

Media remote was missing

Drive cover was missing

The buyer immediately rated me negatively, and then proceeded to demand a refund.

I explained that I could rectify the issues, like sending the remote - but as the console was second-hand and advertised as such, I though they were being unfair to demand a refund. I also explained that I was not in a position to refund them, but would have to pay them back monthly. Which is true.

In steps BoB Agent X - Nomali Moyo. Immediately Agent X says I should refund the buyer else my account will be restricted. I asked on which grounds and according to which policy, and was told "This is the way we work at BidorBuy".

So my seller account is restricted, which I query. Agent X told me this was a decision by management, but refused to route the ticket to someone to address my questions.

I gather the buyer wanted to log a case against the BidorBuy buyer protection, as Agent X told the buyer to just send the item back and I will refund him in full.

Let me start by saying this is a fully working console, used by my kids until the day before it got shipped. Because it was getting shipped, they played the previous evening. I cleaned it to the best of my ability, and all the games were in their cases I bought them in. They might have been scratched, as they are used. They work. I didn't even know there was a cover missing. The remote I lost and said I would replace it.

For me this was just a case of buyer's remorse.

Now looking at the buyer protection conditions, it states:

The bidorbuy Buyer Protection Programme does NOT cover the following situations:

• The Buyer has a change of mind or is not happy with the quality of the item.

Today Agent X send this update to the buyer:

"Since he is not resolving the matter. I suggest that you open a case against him with the SAPS and take it to the small claims court".

On what grounds is this being suggested to the buyer? What exactly should this buyer tell the SAPS?

I am sorry but I feel this Agent is totally overstepping their bounds and misusing their authority.

The buyer and seller are disputing the facts of the sale, and of course the buyer can take any legal action they deem warranted,

Why is BidorBuy taking sides here? According to which POLICY is my seller account restricted? Since we are in dispute, how do I get my account re-instated?

Go look at the buyer's feedback, they aren't angels. Despite their email saying "servegodfirst" - LOL.

electronics4less

To add insult to injury, a sale was concluded after this incident and the funds are now stuck in the Bobpay-EFT account.

Since I am not allowed to sell, please reverse the sale and pay the money back to the buyer.

johan

Hi Electronics4less

I will look into the matter and respond on what bidorbuy's position is in the matter.

electronics4less
Hi Electronics4less

I will look into the matter and respond on what bidorbuy's position is in the matter.

Thanks Johan

electronics4less

Hi Johan,

The last I saw about this was Nomali asking the buyer for photo's, and then asking for new photos as these were unclear.

Not sure how if it makes any sense to ask this a month after the sale, as the condition cannot be the same.

I also found the remote that was missing and offered to send it to the buyer, but got no response from them at all.

Will you please make a decision on this, so that we can get on with our lives.

Regards,

Coen

electronics4less

Johan, it is now 2 weeks since you said you would look into the matter.

Edited by electronics4less

electronics4less

THIS SERVICE IS PATHETIC. No wonder BidorBuy is losing sellers, not peanuts like me - real sellers.

johan

Hi Coen,

I am sorry for the late reply.

So from what I can see in this instance is the following.

1. You listed items for sale as indicated in previous threads.
  2. The items delivered did not match the listing in the sense that it was incomplete and the buyer was also not happy about the console received and the packaging of the games.

You say in one of the posts that you feel it is a case of buyers remorse. In order for it to be buyers remorse you would have to deliver an item that is accurately described and complete. Which does not seem to be the case when you look at pictures provided by the buyer and also disclosures you made in communication with ourselves and the buyer. In my view this does not hold water to claim buyers remorse but more a case of an order that is incomplete and not as described.

Lets go through the listing:

Here is the image you displayed to potential buyers, This was the expectation that was created to get them to pay money to you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n296373[/ATTACH]

• There is no mention of this image being for display purposes.
  • There is no mention that parts and covers are missing.
  • There is no mention that the games coming with this item is not in original packaging.

This is the item that was received according to the buyer and hence the reason for the complaint and asking for their money back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n296374[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n296375[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n296376[/ATTACH]

In my view this is not as described in the listing and I am sure that you would concede that if someone receives this instead of the images that was on the listing they would be unhappy.

I do not have images of games to hand but from your communication you do not seem to dispute the fact that they do not look like the games displayed on the listing.

Further there were no disclosures made that the images are not of the actual games or console, therefore delivering items in a different condition and packaging could lead to a buyer being unhappy.

When we were involved in mediating this matter we got the following response from you amongst others: (I have removed the contact details)

#RYT-335-77104]: Fwd: Re: Message from Seller about Order 9942900 on

bidorbuy

Please see latest mail sent to buyer.

Regards,

electronics4less

--------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Subject: Re: Message from Seller about Order 9942900 on bidorbuy

To: xxxxxxxxxt <xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Good day,

It seems you have escalated this matter to Bidorbuy so let's tackle the

issues one-by-one.

*The console was dirty:* I am sorry. It was advertised as a second-hand

device and I did wipe it off before sending. Solution: please clean the

device yourself. If you need to buy some wet wipes to do that, please send

me the invoice.

*The media remote is not there:* I am sorry, it must have stayed behind.

Solution: I am looking for the remote else I will buy a new one and send it

to you.

*The games are scratched:* I am sorry, they were advertised as second-hand

and hopefully working. Solution: none.

*The games are not in their original cases:* I am sorry, they are in the

cases I bought them in. Solution: grow up.

*The console does not have a hard drive cover:* I am sorry, I bought it

from Cash Converters and it might never have had it. Solution: Since the

cover does not affect the functionality of the device, please continue

using it without it. I will try to source another cover.

*The console has a pin on:* I am sorry, my kids were using their games and

never needed the pin. I've already sent you my guesses so I guess that did

not work. Solution: please go online to Microsoft and have them assist you

to remove the pin. After I bought the console, this is what I had to do.

*You asked for a refund: *Solution: please refer to the auction

description. You will notice that there is no warranty or refund available.

I made a suggestion and it was rejected. This offer is therefore retracted.

I must also note that you rated me negative even before contacting me

regarding the issue.

Please feel free to speak to BidorBuy as much as you want. For me this

discussion is now closed and I will contact you when I find the items

promised.

Regards,

electronics4less

I think the service to your customer is not in line with what we would expect from sellers. I also feel that the way you have addressed your customer is not in line with what we would expect from sellers that trade on bidorbuy.

If this is the items that gets delivered to buyers and if this is how they are treated when they complain, we will withhold payment for subsequent orders until they are delivered in good order. This is to ensure that similar disputes are avoided.

Subsequently you have refused to deliver orders until you receive payment for them upfront. We have taken the view that your account will be restricted until the orders and disputes are settled with your buyers. Factors that influenced this decision is the way the above dispute with your customer was handled. Further to this you indicated that you are unable to refund your customers in a single payment and have to make payment plan arrangements with them to in order to refund them. So to just release payments to sellers who are not in a financial position to service their customers would be a risk to the bidorbuy marketplace and all the other sellers that make use of this platform.

Please assist your customer in this matter and once the matter is resolved we will look at your account status.

Regards,

Johan

58f5a76e72a99_imageofitemindescription..JPG.1bde1839b937220a0399441c3f3d0a0b.JPG

58f5a76e77441_imageofitemindescription..JPG.d3e46c9b46e8e71b70019f9d8be0e394.JPG

58f5a76e7bd34_consoleactual1.jpg.00b7087122227011fc5f717a2019cfcb.jpg

58f5a76e80ad0_consoleactual2.jpg.12dc491bb588538ead55dd7e08eccf26.jpg

58f5a76e84c49_consoleactual3(2).jpg.a6b39d918ce0aa1c6438ac351e7526d1.jpg

electronics4less

It's actually quite interesting that you say "we will withhold payment" - you propose to be a trust party but you do not follow the rules applicable to trusts. Where is the interest on our money while it sits in your account?

"Subsequently you have refused to deliver orders until you receive payment for them upfront. We have taken the view that your account will be restricted until the orders and disputes are settled with your buyers. "

Who are you? Where did you dream this up? Look at the buyer's ratings in this case - this is what they did, not me.

"So to just release payments to sellers who are not in a financial position to service their customers would be a risk to the bidorbuy marketplace and all the other sellers that make use of this platform."

I marvel at the rules your dream up and that your personal opinion becomes truth. Which is devoid of any policy but I guess this is why your agents think they can use personal opinion to make calls.

Please arrange to have the money in my buyer's account transferred to my bank account, you have no reason to keep this money as it was for sales that were SNC'ed.

electronics4less

And BTW, good luck with people like Family First, the buyer in this case. 9 negatives in the past month! More than the ten years I was on BoB.

Looking at the 65 pages of items on Crazy Wednesday, down from well over 100, it seems you management style is paying off.