Sign in to follow this  
SaveBigSA

Losing image quality on PNG files... Some advice please

SaveBigSA

I have a table in Word that I edit and then copy into paint and save as a PNG. I then bring this PNG image into my auction. It always loses clarity and is very fuzzy... I have to go this route because copy pasting the table from Word directly into the auction looks good, but then it exceeds the 8000 permitted characters. I have tried other image formats and they are all just as rubbish.

How can I get a Word template into my auction without losing clarity or exceeding the 8000 count? It's driving me nuts...

Vinyl Lady Decals

Word always adds extra unnecessary HTML code which is why you go over the 8000 character limit.

You can try several options such as saving the file as a text file (.txt) and then opening the file on its own - just by clikcing on it - not in word.

You can then copy and paste into your listing from this.

Another option is to use Kompozer, its a free webpage editor that you can download.

It is the easiest of all webpage editors that I have found so far.

You can create your listing there and then copy and paste that into your description without it adding unnecessary HTML code. It should keep you under the 8000 character limit.

http://www.kompozer.net/

Another trick you can try, is to to use a URL shortener for your images.

You can access a free one at https://goo.gl/.

Once you upload your images to bidorbuy, copy and paste the image link into the URL shortener, it will convert it into a shorter link, you can then copy and paste the short link into your listing.

I hope these tricks help a bit.

SaveBigSA

Awesome, this really helps me. Thanks very much!