Sign in to follow this  
supamans

~BEWARE OF BoB's SOCALLED "BUYER PROTECTION"~

supamans

I recently recommended a friend to BoB who was looking to buy a laptop. He was very wary and skeptical about buying one on BoB without being able to check it out for himself first. I reassured him it would be fine and worst case scenario if it were faulty or not as advertised he could simply return it as it was covered by BoB's Buyer Protection, boy was I wrong!!! He received it and after using it for 3 days found it was faulty, so he returned it, and was expecting a straight forward, simple refund as he should have been and was entitled to. BoB had initially agreed to refund and were in the process of sorting it out when the Seller decided to take it upon himself to "repair" it (which he didn't) and sent it back to my friend, without anybody agreeing to this, and without authorization. Now it seems BoB have gone back on their word to initially refund it, or have just started completely ignoring my friend. Calls aren't returned, emails go unanswered, and he's gone as far up the chain as he could, speaking to managers and all sorts, yet 5 weeks later and no resolution whatsoever??? Absolutely disgusting!! How can they offer a Buyer Protection when it's clearly BS, and how can they let their seller dictate how their business runs and take it upon themselves to send things back and run the show??? I'm closing my BoB account for this single reason and will not be taking the risk of spending even another cent with them if this is the way they treat their customers! I've been in online retail for years and travel globally and shop A LOT online and have NEVER experienced anything like this! I'll be spreading the word wherever and whenever I can as this sort of thing should not happen. Any time I hear anyone talk of possibly shopping on BoB I will change their mind with this story, and save them losing money!! I'll get the sellers name too and post it here just so people can know who NOT to buy from as this particular one is a complete crook and seems to have BoB working for him somehow!!

admin

Hi supamans,

Can you please give me your friends user name on bidorbuy.

Thank you

Andries

johan

Hi Supamans,

I am really disappointed reading your post on your experience and that of your friend.

When we mediate in disputes and agree on a course of action with the buyer and the seller we find that normally all parties stick to what was agreed. In some cases though a party would do something different and in most cases it really complicates the matter for all involved.

I would love to follow up on this matter to see how this was handled and how it has come to this point where we have to write to each other on the forum and you feeling that you want to close your account.

If you have not sent Andries the details of your friend please forward it to me so that we can look to resolve the matter.

Kind Regards,

Johan du Toit

Operations Manager.

johan

Hi Allan,

I have tried to call you to discuss the issue with you further but the person who answered the telephone number that you provided does not seem to know an Allan or anything regarding the issue.

I am in contact with Ashley and I will personally look into the matter.

My I please ask that you give me a chance to try and resolve this before you continue the posts on social media.

Regards,

Johan du Toit

mac911

Hi.I placed a bid on ZARS for a1.07 green moissanite diamond, It was listed for two days, 5 minutes before closing time 2/3/16 Simon withdrew it with reason, made mistake on description. He is advertising the same item with same description for snap Friday. I think he withdrew it because he was not going to get his price he wanted. I think he did the same for the other items as well. If we as buyers don't pay we get a nsc against us. what do they get that remove an item, because they don't want to loose money. thanks .Kenneth