Sign in to follow this  
capetown1

Trying to contact seller. How long do I have to pay?

capetown1

It's been less than 24 hours since I won the auction, but I'm a buyer that likes to get things rolling ASAP.

The problem is, the shipping costs are somewhat unclear. I have texted and emailed the seller to confirm the shipping cost, but I haven't received a response as yet.

The thing is, the bundle contains some heavier items which I'd rather leave behind and let the seller keep if shipping costs are too high.

My question is, in general, how long do I have to pay for an auction? I can't pay until I know how much I owe.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

BABADAUD

Edited by BABADAUD

capetown1

Well, I can't really make a payment until I know how much I owe. The seller's feedback ratings are reasonable. I tried to call the seller using the number provided, but got voicemail.

The shipping cost states R45 for the first item and R10 each additional. Given that some of the items are very small weighing only about 15g-80g and others are larger and heavier weighing around 500g. The larger items are not actually worthwhile posting, as it will cost more to post than they are worth.

I'd rather the seller keep the larger items, and send me the smaller items in order to keep postage costs down.

I think there are about 20 "items" in total.

Edited by capetown1

admin

Hi capetown1,

The listing was described as "20 Job Lot Computer spares" so in my view this counts as one item and not 20 so shipping for additional items will not come into play. The seller said in the description "R45 for first item" that is what I would pay as the items were listed as above and not as individual items.

When a seller does not state in their listing or under postage that the buyer has x amount of days to make payment, the payment defaults to 7 days as that is when sellers can file a SNC for not receiving payment.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/218537914/20_Job_Lot_Computer_spares_HDs_Yamaha_Sound_cards_Usb_Card_Ram_Samsung_DVD_Drive_and_much_more.html

Kind regards

Andries

Edited by admin
Inserted link to item

capetown1

Thanks very much for the reply. I didn't really want to bring the details into it, but yes, that's the one. :)

While I agree that the shipping details are a bit ambiguous, I would imagine that it would cost the seller more than R45 to post all that stuff.

I just think that R45 + R190 for postage is excessive, especially considering that I won the auction at R75.

So you're saying that if I don't hear from the seller in the next few days I should just pay the R75 + R45 postage? I'd rather reach an amicable agreement with the seller though, but that is proving difficult given that he is uncontactable.

admin

Links to the item in question are required as per the forum rules, so that other users can see all the info they need to possibly assist in queries :cool:

Good to hear that you want to solve this amicably. You can complete the checkout now at R45 postage and should the seller contact you and you reach an agreement on postage, you can just adjust the checkout total with the agreement total and then make payment using the reference you received with the checkout. The total you pay the seller does not have to match the total on the order as long as you use the correct reference number.

capetown1

Thanks very much for the advice.

For the record, It's really just the two Sound Cards, RAM and the PCI USB card I'm after. Those items together shouldn't cost more than about R50 to post.

I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon to see if I get a response to my email. If not, I'll just pay the R75+R45 in the meantime.

Thanks again. :)

UPDATE: Recieved an email from the seller indicating that the total postage cost is indeed R45. I've asked the seller to let me know if the postage costs exceed the amount paid. I was probably overthinking this. :)

Edited by capetown1
Update