Sign in to follow this  
Serthentia Sales

Seller's making profit from shipping

Serthentia Sales

Seller: Top Quality Jewelry

Item Listing Link:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/217639327/Beautiful_Round_Brilliant_Cut_Wedding_Engagement_Ring_Crystal_Clear_Bright_Super_Faceting.html

This seller is making all profit off shipping fees. I have reported the seller before but nothing has been done. Please do something about this and enforce the regulations of the site equally and without favouritism.

Seller charges R135 for delivery which takes 60 days. I purchase the same goods from the same suppliers in China and the standard shipping which takes 60 days is FREE from ALL the sellers.

Look at the majority of the sellers item ending prices, they end at R1 mostly. This way the seller pays very low fees to BoB as the entire profit is on shipping and not on the sale price. It is blindly obvious that this seller does not make the profit off the item sale price. The seller has been selling like this for YEARS with no consequences. I am quite sure that I am not the only person to report this matter.

Please see below links to multiple sellers listings for this exact product, and note the shipping fee to South Africa for the 60 day shipping.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/G1-piece-Retail-sterling-silver-jewelry-Classic-Engagement-Ring-6-Claws-6mm-AAA-Swiss-Arrows-CZ/32333981060.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GH620-Italina-brand-Classic-design-1carat-6mm-simulated-diamond-wedding-rings-for-women-18K-Gold-Plated/1652943787.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/G1-piece-Retail-sterling-silver-jewelry-Classic-Engagement-Ring-6-Claws-6mm-AAA-Swiss-Arrows-CZ/32333981060.html?spm=2114.10010108.100010.2.apLSEY

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1carat-6mm-Cubic-Zirconia-Diamond-Wedding-Rings-for-Women-18k-White-Gold-Plated-Jewelry-Engagement-Prong/32575821434.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.110.le0YhC&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_6,searchweb201644_3_505_506_503_504_301_502_10001_10002_9719_10016_10005_10006_10003_10004_401_62,searchweb201560_8,searchweb1451318400_6148,searchweb1451318411_6452&btsid=50eab671-76cb-490c-8b84-45f60d94c7a1

ALL the sellers provide FREE shipping for the slow 60 days delivery.

There seems to be a lot of favouritism going on on BoB, where older sellers are allowed to break the terms without any consequence or regard. This is not right as all sellers deserve to be treated equally.

I will continue reporting this listing over and over again and others like it until something is done!!!

mrmouse

ALSO Bob allows sellers to charge insurance on speed services 1kg pack and Postnet bags to Postnet , none of which are insurable .Rip offs

Serthentia Sales
ALSO Bob allows sellers to charge insurance on speed services 1kg pack and Postnet bags to Postnet , none of which are insurable .Rip offs

I know. BoB seems to allow long time or large sellers to break the rules with impunity. There is a class system on this site where some sellers get special privileges to not follow the terms. I have also reported sellers dropshipping who are clearly stating that the buyer is reposnsible for paying customs taxes which is also against the rules. These are also long time sellers and nothing is done about them when reported either. Even if the seller is a so-called "authorized dropshipper" (a policy I am busy looking into taking legal action against, as it defies the CPA. All members must have the same rights and privileges according to the CPA), they still are NOT allowed to charge the buyer hidden costs, including customs taxes. That is both according to BoB's terms as well as the CPA.

BoB needs to start enforcing the rules with ALL sellers. They cannot keep being selective like this as it is clear discrimination. I will keep reporting these sellers every single time they list any items until action is taken. I also call upon all other BoB members who believe in all members being treated equally to report anyone selling like this, and keep reporting them until action is taken.

This class system or "cliq" with certain sellers must come to an end. BoB must either enforce the rules equally, or just allow everyone to do their own thing and turn BoB into a circus. There is NO third option.

Serthentia Sales

Two other sellers who are making all profit off shipping fees instead of the item price are BlackBerry4you and CaltonPhones. Almost all items ending at R1 and then R495 for shipping charge!!! These so-called "trusted dropshippers" who have "proven themselves" and thats why they have the privilege that no-one else can even apply for, they break the rules with impunity and NOTHING is done about it. It takes nothing more than common sense to know that these sellers are NOT making their money off the item price!!!

I HAVE REPORTED AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO UNTIL ACTION IS TAKEN!!!!!!!!!

queen of hearts

Waste of time reporting anybody for excessive shipping charges whether local or a dropshipper. If the shipping costs are excessive scroll past and many of the dropshippers items can be purchased on EBay for considerably less with the free shipping option. At one time there was the same problem on Ebay until they included the shipping in the total value that one paid a success fee on.

Serthentia Sales

PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING RIDICULOUS RESPONSES TO THIS MATTER!!!!! SELLER CONTINUED TO BE ALLOWED TO MAKE ALL PROFIT ON SHIPPING FEES AND NOTHING IS DONE, YET OTHER SELLERS ARE TARGETTED FOR NO REASON!!!!!! THIS MATTER OF "PRIVILEGED" SELLERS NEEDS TO END, AS WE ALL MUST BE TREATED EQUALLY!!!!! EXACTLY THE SAME NON-RESPONSE TO ALL "PRIVILEGED" SELLERS WHEN REPORTED!!!!!! I REPORTED SIMILAR SELLERS SELLING FOR R1 EACH ITEM AND CHARGING R495 SHIPPING AND NOTHING DONE!!!!!!!

TIME FOR LEGAL ACTION AGAINST DISCRIMINATION AGAINST THE "NON-PRIVILEGED" SELLERS HERE ON BOB. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN IN A CLASS ACTION AGAINST BOB PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!

BOB STAFF DO NOTHING AGAINST THIS CLIQ OF SELLERS AND SO-CALLED "TRUSTED" SELLERS WHO ARE GIVEN THE PRIVILEGE OF DROPSHIPPING AND ABUSE IT, YET ARE STILL ALLOWED TO CONTINUE DOING SO!!!!!!!

Good Day

Kindly note that these are 2 different sites.

We do not operate on the same model as the other website mentioned.

R135 does not seem exorbent for international mail.

Kind regards

Kutlwano Mapela

E - hello@bidorbuy.co.za

T - 0861 88 0861

W - www.bidorbuy.co.za

bidorbuy - Africa's Largest Online Marketplace

FeniNdusi

Serthentia Sales

Posted on: 01 February 2016 10:50 AM

Good Day.

This email is regarding the fact that the seller is making money off the SHIPPING COST and NOT off the ITEM PRICE!!!! The issue was NOT about the delivery time, but about the seller using SHIPPING COST to make profit!!!!!!

This is against BoBs terms.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that the seller is NOT making money selling 90% of the items for R1. I also included links to show you that the seller's expense if FREE for shipping, yet the charge is R135.

The seller's profit comes from the SHIPPING CHARGE, and not the item selling price!!!!!

You have not addressed the issue at all!!!!

You must enforce the rules EQUALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Please note that I will keep reporting these items until the issue is addressed!!!!!!!

Kutlwano Mapela

Online Security

Posted on: 01 February 2016 10:37 AM

Good Day

Kindly note that the seller is a verified dropshipper which is why the shipping is 15-60 days.

Kind regards

Kutlwano Mapela

E - hello@bidorbuy.co.za

T - 0861 88 0861

W - www.bidorbuy.co.za

bidorbuy - Africa's Largest Online Marketplace

serthentiasales@gma...

Serthentia Sales

Posted on: 29 January 2016 05:39 PM

A member of the bidorbuy community (Serthentia Sales - 3250086) has made the following report through the bidorbuy Community Watch for Item Id:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/217639327/Beautiful_Round_Brilliant_Cut_Wedding_Engagement_Ring_Crystal_Clear_Bright_Super_Faceting.html

Subject: Other suspicious/abusive activity

Note from Serthentia Sales

-------------------------------------------

This seller is making all profit off shipping fees. I have reposted the seller before but nothing has been done. Please do something about this and enforce the regulations of the site equally and without favouritism.

Seller charges R135 for delivery which takes 60 days. I purchase the same goods from the same suppliers in China and the standard shipping which takes 60 days is FREE from ALL the sellers.

Look at the majority of the sellers item ending prices, they end at R1 mostly. This way the seller pays very low fees to BoB as the entire profit is on shipping and not on the sale price. It is blindly obvious that this seller does not make the profit off the item sale price.

Please see below links to multiple sellers listings for this exact product, and note the shipping fee to South Africa for the 60 day shipping.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/G1-piece-Retail-sterling-silver-jewelry-Classic-Engagement-Ring-6-Claws-6mm-AAA-Swiss-Arrows-CZ/32333981060.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GH620-Italina-brand-Classic-design-1carat-6mm-simulated-diamond-wedding-rings-for-women-18K-Gold-Plated/1652943787.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/G1-piece-Retail-sterling-silver-jewelry-Classic-Engagement-Ring-6-Claws-6mm-AAA-Swiss-Arrows-CZ/32333981060.html?spm=2114.10010108.100010.2.apLSEY

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1carat-6mm-Cubic-Zirconia-Diamond-Wedding-Rings-for-Women-18k-White-Gold-Plated-Jewelry-Engagement-Prong/32575821434.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.110.le0YhC&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_6,searchweb201644_3_505_506_503_504_301_502_10001_10002_9719_10016_10005_10006_10003_10004_401_62,searchweb201560_8,searchweb1451318400_6148,searchweb1451318411_6452&btsid=50eab671-76cb-490c-8b84-45f60d94c7a1

ALL the sellers provide FREE shipping for the slow 60 days delivery.

There seems to be a lot of favouritism going on on BoB, where older sellers are allowed to break the terms without any consequence or regard. This is not right as all sellers deserve to be treated equally.

I will continue reposting this listing and others like it until something is done!!!

This email was initiated from a member of the bidorbuy community and was not sent directly from bidorbuy

itself however you may respond to bidorbuy by replying to this email.

Refer to the bidorbuy Listing Policy (http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/help/444/bidorbuy_Listing_Policy) to

ensure your listings adhere to the rules you agreed to when listing your items.

Warm Regards,

The Team at bidorbuy.co.za

South Africa's Largest Online Marketplace

If you have feedback or need help please contact us here

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/contact/ContactUsWizard.jsp

bidorbuy.co.za

Shop Online on South Africa's safe and simple marketplace

jock8303

I have just had an appeal dismissed on an SNC placed by a seller who posted an item for R 60 and then had a shipping charge of nearly R400!!! I cannot in all conscience pay this seller.

The seller "ElectronicPro" is making a mokery of the bid or buy website and the administration seem happy to allow this to continue.

I am threatened with restriction or termination of my account!!!

Big deal - I am now considering whether I wish to continue with Bid or Buy in any event as I have the contact details of all the sellers I buy from and can deal with most direct - I do not do this at the moment as I beleive in keeping to the rules - but if my account is suspended then I will be a free agent.

MAKJEWELZ

I am also fed up with the exorbitant fees some sellers charge.

As a seller i am well aware of what courier and postage fees are like, will be reporting every unfair shipping fee i come across. Hopefully bob does something soon.

=