Sign in to follow this  
c_knight

Very happy to see the ban on auctions of live animals

c_knight

I just sincerely wish that the sale of live animals AT ALL would be banned from the site.

As a registered breeder and animal rights activist, I know all too well that selling of animals without the necessary screening of buyers, not to mention the health screening of the mated animals, is looking for suffering and heartache in the future, for both animals and sometimes their new human owners.

I would like to urge the users and members of the site to take this into consideration before offering the lives of your animals to a totally unknown future.

lilythepink

Some people see money signs as being more important than the welfare of their animals. It's shocking. No truly caring and responsible breeder would place their animals for sale on the internet without being able to follow up before a sale to verify that the buyer (a) has the right premises; (b) can afford veterinary fees; © is appropriate as a purchaser of the animal - i.e. long-haired animals need regular grooming. All animals need to be securely kept, i.e. not running through a fence into the street; being properly fed, trained, etc. How does one keep a handle on it when one just sends an animal to an unknown buyer??

lilythepink

Good grief, Andries. This is animal cruelty in one of its most violent forms. Poor, poor little dog. I just hope they catch the culprit(s) and do the same to him/her! :mad:

mellowred

What a terrible thing to do. Ai, and some call rotten people "animals". I've never heard of an animal doing something like this to another soul.

May they rot in hell!

DestinysAngels

Unbelievable, i would love to do this to the bloke that done this deed, may he/she rot in hell!

Bertman Trading

Hi all,

I am also glad that they banned the auctioning of live animals, but aren't fish considered as animals?

I have reported a few sellers in the past auctioning KOI's and their listings stay open, yet a snake listing was closed?

Cuan please advise?:confused:

qball

Hi All

We generally will not allow the auctioning of sentient animals, like dogs, cats, horses etc. Removing items on auction is at our sole discretion.

Kind regards

Cuan

Bertman Trading

Hi Cuan,

Thanks for clearing that up;)

Had no idea what sentient meant, but thanks to wikipedia I do now.:P

Guest Guest

Hi

This post in my personal capacity:

As an collector of rare cats, and registered Breeder,

I feel should for any reason sell a cat on Bid or Buy,

It would not be a definite sale at no time.

There is contracts, and conditions to be met

If any of those conditions can not be complied with,

I will not sell you my animals.

We have a strict code of conduct we need to adhere to.

Fortunately the pricing is a big deterrent.

* An imported cat can set you back anything from R30-000 up to R200 000 a pair.

A kitten R12 000 to R15 000. (not imported)

I know since I recently imported 2 pairs + an extra female.

(the R30 000 type :-))

**Just BTW the most expensive cat sold for £ 156 000, approximately

ZAR 2,3 million rands.

I feel that an accredited breeder, registered, and conforming to standards and guidelines, would be allowed to sell his animal on bid or buy,

as established breeders would not sell their animals to everyone.

As Cuan said, it is at their discretion.

A decent cat or dog, will set anyone back thousands.

Tight control, is excelent, outlawing animal sales not.

The cat on the Left is a Turkish Van (google it) and the one on the right a cream Somali. Both imported from Netherlands Price tags R24500 and R43000

NOT for sale.

The one left are rare, with less than 7 in South Africa, All Imports.

We have a breeding program started for them. But no plans for kittens as yet

343870_100318121138_bob.JPG

They had been bought on an internet site, very similar to Bid or Buy.

It can be very successfull.

As a serious buyer, It would be the first place I would look.

Is there an alternative to an aution, a buy now?

regards Herman

mellowred

SACG I have to disagree with you on this bit

A decent cat or dog, will set anyone back thousands.
Are you implying that my street moggie is indecent?;)

Seriously tho SACG I do believe that you are a responsible buyer and breeder.

My concern is that allowing animals to be auctioned and sold on the internet prevents the seller from properly vetting the buyer, and visa versa. But having said that, I also believe that when a cat or dog is sold for thousands of rands I doubt that the buyer would want to damage his "investment".

Personally, I have no understanding of people wanting to spend thousands on a "pet". I will never be able to consider domesticated animals as a financially valuable product. They are part of my family and placing a monetary value on them would feel like putting a price tag on hubby.

Guest Guest

No

I do not say your animal is inferior.

Of my Pristine pedigree and other cats, 6 is normal Moggies and only 7 Pedigrees.

I love them all the same, they all eat the same food.

What I am actually implying is that it is a restricted trade, not a dumping place for back -yard breeders

which is a huge concern for me also.

I donate ample to organizations to help with the sterilization of feral cats.

regards Herman

Noooo cant be family.. the one advantage is if they naughty..you can sell them :-)

You can't sell your kids !

angiecarr

Selling Pups

Hi all, I had a problem with a specif seller on BoB and so decided if i could find out more about him. I was shocked with what i found when i went to the website i got from his email address. Please don't let the name delude you. Go see www.computingtoday.co.za and you will see what i mean. The dates on the site are old but he is still active in using the email linked to this site. He was and might still be auctioning off pups to the highest bidder ! What kind of HUMAN BEING does that! I was very frustrated as i am still waiting for a refund from seller but then i saw this and now i am extremely livid! :mad: