Sign in to follow this  
SmartBiz

Unjustified Ratings - No Protection for Sellers from BoB

SmartBiz

Hi Guys

We recently listed a copier on a R1 crazy auction. We stated clearly in the "item condition" field AND in the listing that the item is second hand. We also stated very clearly inside the listing description, in bold and in red the following....

PLEASE DO NOT BID IF...

you cannot collect or arrange collection from Lenasia.

you cannot pay within 24 hours of auction close.

your positive ratings are less than 90%.

The winning bidder had just under 90% postives, yet i chose against my better judgement not to delete the bid and give him a chance. He paid 3 days later, yet i rated him positive as i felt all's well that ends well.

The buyer calls and says that he paid R10 courier charges but he did not get any delivery. To this i told him that he should read the auction as i stated very clearly that people should not bid if they can't collect and that i couldn't understand where he got the R10 charge. He asked for the item's dimensions and said i could whatsapp it to him, this i did within an hour. This idiot only read the message about 24 hours later AFTER rating me negative for not offering a courier service and for telling him that the machine is second hand. He claims the auction stated brand new in box. Also called us "unreliable" etc as he claims i did not whatsapp the dimensions.

I screen grabbed the whatsapp messge with the date and time, which i emailed to BoB as proof and stated the whole story where it's clear to see that the buyer did not bother to read the listing. Meanwhile this buyer sent us messages threatening with lawyers and a whole lot of other nonsense(which i also saved)

We are verified sellers since 2005, i am really disappointed with BoB's reply. It seems to be a template saying that the buyer rated me negative and i should try and contact him to resolve it. That means sellers have no protection whatsoever against stupid buyers with unreasonable ratings? All sellers count on good ratings, it's the best indication of a seller's integrity, business ethic etc.

So as sellers, do we have any protection? We work very hard to please customers so it's very disappointing that BoB is not involved when there's a dispute and a seller can prove beyond a doubt that the rating is unjust.

Really BoB, a seller's track record should count for something. With so many changes on BoB, it amazes me how the rating system stays the same. :unsure:

Little Miss Muffet

Assert yourself. Throw your toys out of your cot until you get attention. Fair is fair.

:confused::whistling:

admin

Hi SmartBiz,

You are correct in your assumption that the email you received is automated, this is done when a rating is changed by the buyer/seller. To appeal a rating you have to open a ticket at hello@bidorbuy.co.za, which I noticed you did today @ 12:46. Someone will reply to your ticket as soon as possible.

No need for toy throwing, simply follow the procedure as set out in point 5 of this link :awesome:

http://support.bidorbuy.co.za/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/0/the-rating-system

bidorbuy can not get involved in ratings if it is not brought under our attention by either party of the sale.

Kind regards

Andries

SmartBiz
Hi SmartBiz,

You are correct in your assumption that the email you received is automated, this is done when a rating is changed by the buyer/seller. To appeal a rating you have to open a ticket at hello@bidorbuy.co.za, which I noticed you did today @ 12:46. Someone will reply to your ticket as soon as possible.

No need for toy throwing, simply follow the procedure as set out in point 5 of this link :awesome:

http://support.bidorbuy.co.za/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/0/the-rating-system

bidorbuy can not get involved in ratings if it is not brought under our attention by either party of the sale.

Kind regards

Andries

Thanks admin. BoB finally responded with what seems to be a serious effort so i'm keeping fingers crossed. With this clown of a buyer i'm past throwing toys, but to blemish my ratings because of stupidity and buyer's remorse is something a small business like mine cannot afford or stand for.

[uSER=5433]geewhizz[/uSER] - well said, you crack me up :laugh:

This is the auction i'm talking about... http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/209378123/Samsung_Colour_Laser_CLX_6250FX_Colour_Print_Copy_Fax_Scan_R1_NO_RESERVE.html - now look at the rating he gave us, the most transparent case of an idiot who does not or cannot read...

Thx guys, much appreciated :blink1:

SmartBiz

Hi Guys

What can i say, after slight deliberation, BoB came through for me. Thanks for a job well done, this has restored my faith in the BoB rating system. Have a GREAT festive season ahead :blink1: