Sign in to follow this  
SmartBiz

Seller requirements for potential bidders

SmartBiz

Hey Everyone, been out of touch for a while so it's really great to be back. I just want your take on auctions i've been listing recently please. From past experience with customers that don't pay i decided to add my requirements for potential bidders. I state very clearly that people with less than 90% positive ratings should not bid and i also request that potential auction winners must pay within 24 hours. I think this is a fair request, what do you guys think? A small business like mine can't afford the 7 day waiting period or the BoB reply when the customer says he will pay who knows when. A seller just won a colour copier at a steal of a price, that's his luck, but his positive ratings are just below 90% and and as expected, payment has not been made as per my requirement in the listing. I would love to send a personal offer to the second highest bidder for the same product immediately, but then there's a risk for an unfair negative rating from the winner. Is there a way i can file an SNC within 7 days? Maybe i should have just deleted this guy's bid? Please give me some feedback as i want to lsit some items for Wednesday's auctions. Thanks :confused:

mrmouse

Unfortunately its not for you to decide who can and who cant bid on youre item ,CPA has useless guidelines , that you may be taken to task on and face a hefty fine , rules are rules , same as sellers that offer no warranty on new goods , its against the rules .Not that anyone abides by the rules anymore ,

Edited by mrmouse

SmartBiz

Thanks for your input mrmouse. This is news to me. So tell me, if i list something, i am allowed to delete bids right? A user's ratings make his biz ethic pretty transparent, so if we see a potential problem bidder, his bid can be deleted without any issues, or is that a problem too?

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI,you may delete bids if the bidder has a history of not completing purchases,or if you have dealt with someone before and they did not complete sale etc,then you MAY delete a bid.The problem bid or buy has is when new bidders with no ratings are deleted before they have a chance to prove themselves,so thats a chance we all have to take.As far as the CPA is concerned that would hardly apply here and i would not be quaking in my boots at being taken before them and fined millions because i deleted a bid form a proven non -payer!!

And furthermore the CPA does not provide for right of return form AUCTIONS!!hence the sellers that sell new items without guarantee on auction,they are abiding by the CPA-This does not apply to buy nows etc,This is not to say that a buyer cannot take his case before the CPA if he is not happy with his purchase,on auction,but there has yet to be a test case for ONLINE auctions where this has happened,and if there was i am not aware of it..Its just good business sense as a seller to ensure your buyer is happy,otherwise u can close your business.

As to your first post on non payment as per your terms,you may inform the buyer that the item is no longer available as your terms of payment are not met and u can relist immediately or u can offer to 2nd bidder,You can do this even though u have to wait the 7 days to file a snc as your terms were not met.

The above is all not cast in stone and i may be speaking under correction,but these are the circumstances as i believe are more accurate and to set you at ease

BREAK A LEG

NEIL