Sign in to follow this  
skyler25

Breaking News: New Clothing, Shoes and Accessories Structure & Attributes

skyler25

Dear Sellers & Buyers

Before you read the changes that have been implemented, I would like you to know that I have put my heart into these changes and I have spent months researching the attributes implemented with my primary focus being you the seller, to create a better more structured listing experience and to you the buyer, a clear and uncomplicated navigational experience so that you can find with ease exactly what you are looking for.

I have touched on all the important changes in the category and I hope that these changes are embraced positively. I am not declaring myself and expert in fashion, but I do hope that I have catered for everyone’s requirements, and I am really happy with the way it has turned out. I hope you are too :)

Changes implemented in the Clothing, Shoes & Accessories Category

The restructured category will hopefully be easier to navigate for both buyers and sellers. Attributes have also been implemented into the category to easily identify items in a clear and concise manner. Attributes will allow sellers to be clear when creating listings and also make it easier for buyers to filter through items.

We have implemented attributes that are relevant to the categories. Each attribute has various options to choose from. The attribute choices have been selected by popularity and commonness across the site. There is an “Other” option for less common attributes that we may not have catered for.

The new category structure is as follows:

Women

Men

Kids

Shoe Racks & Organisers

Sunglasses

Umbrellas

Wedding Apparel & Accessories

Cultural & Ethnic Clothing

Costumes & Accessories

Dancewear & Dance Shoes

Other Clothing, Shoes & Accessories

Under the parent category Women and Men you can filter by:

Women

Clothing

Shoes

Accessories

Men

Clothing

Shoes

Accessories

Under Kids you can filter by:

Girls

Clothing

Shoes

Accessories

Boys

Clothing

Shoes

Accessories

The most common attributes sellers may specify and buyers may filter by are as follows:

• Brand
  • Size
  • Style
  • Colour

Introducing the coolest feature on the block

The colour attribute when selected by the seller appears on the front end as a colour palette which buyers can filter by:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/category/911/Clothing_Shoes_Accessories_Womens_Clothing_Casual_Dresses.jsp

Deleted

We deleted Alternative Clothing, Unisex Clothing, Mixed Lots and moved listings to Other Clothing, Shoes & Accessories. We found that sellers were utilizing these categories for multi-listing purposes and these categories just looked cluttered.

Deleted and Moved

Wigs, Extensions & Tools has found a new home. I would like to apologise in advance to sellers who may be upset about this move but we found that the category does not belong in clothing but is a more appropriate fit for Health & Beauty. Wigs, Extensions & Tools has been made a related category in Women’s Clothing so that buyers can still easily find the category.

New Parent Categories Added

New Sub Categories Added

Women’s Active Wear

• Bags & Accessories
  • Base Layers
  • Bodysuits
  • Crop Tops & Tanks
  • Dresses
  • Jackets & Hoodies
  • Jerseys
  • Leggings & Tights
  • Pants
  • Shorts
  • Singlets
  • Skinsuits
  • Skirts & Skorts
  • Tracksuits
  • T-shirts & Sweatshirts
  • Other Women's Active Wear

Men’s Active Wear

• Bags & Accessories
  • Base Layers
  • Jackets & Hoodies
  • Jerseys
  • Pants
  • Shorts
  • Singlets
  • Skinsuits
  • Tracksuits
  • T-shirts & Sweatshirts
  • Vests
  • Other Men's Active Wear

Maternity Wear

• Dresses
  • Jeans
  • Knitwear
  • Leggings
  • Pants
  • Shirts
  • Skirts
  • Sleepwear
  • Swimwear
  • T-Shirts & Tops
  • Vests
  • Underwear
  • Other Maternity Wear

View Clothing Category here: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/static/category/Clothing_Shoes_Accessories_2704.html

Principia Trading

Nice changes! I think these attributes will optimize search functionality in this category in a big way.