Sign in to follow this  
D and A Products

When the buyer doesn't pay...

D and A Products

Hi everyone!

I wanted to get your opinion on something.

I've had a couple of instances where a buyer would order an item(from my Buy Now listing), check out and then not pay. I always send a standard thank you message after I receive an order explaining that payment made before a certain time will result in same day delivery, etc. After 48 hours or so, I would send another message reminding the buyer to make payment, in a friendly manner, of course! But there are still buyers that do not respond or pay and then I have to wait 7 days to file an SNC and then more days while we wait for the buyer to make up his/her mind. Meanwhile the item in question is not available for purchase(if only one is available) and I could have sold it to someone else.

Now, how do you guys handle issues like this? I don't like to threaten buyers with SNC's but what's the recourse for us sellers?

Little Miss Muffet

If a buyer has not paid after 5 or 6 days I send a reminder and give them a couple of days to reply. If the buyer does not respond I will file an SNC.

If the users ratings are generally good I will wait for the SNC to finalize but if he / she is a non payer with negative ratings I will relist the item

You are not obliged to wait for payment. When you file an SNC there is a space for comments and if you prefer to relist the item immediately then just say

"Item relisted,no longer available to this buyer"

It is amazing how the slack payers respond within the hour of an SNC being filed as if a cracker was sent up their....

D and A Products

It is amazing how the slack payers respond within the hour of an SNC being filed as if a cracker was sent up their....

I've noticed that!

Good idea with regards to the note that the item isn't available any more.

I have found that in most cases the non-responsive buyers are the ones with zero ratings...

Luckily this doesn't happen often but thanks for the good tips geewhizz!

Free Soul Styles

geewhizz, you are lucky. I state that and still get ignored. But i haven't had to file an SNC in a long time. It would be nice not to have to wait 2 weeks, especially if there's been no contact at all from a buyer after the first week. Would also be nice to permanently block a buyer.

SmartBiz
If a buyer has not paid after 5 or 6 days I send a reminder and give them a couple of days to reply. If the buyer does not respond I will file an SNC.

If the users ratings are generally good I will wait for the SNC to finalize but if he / she is a non payer with negative ratings I will relist the item

You are not obliged to wait for payment. When you file an SNC there is a space for comments and if you prefer to relist the item immediately then just say

"Item relisted,no longer available to this buyer"

Hi guys, so if i file an SNC saying "Item relisted,no longer available to this buyer" , will the success fees be refunded?

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Hi guys, so if i file an SNC saying "Item relisted,no longer available to this buyer" , will the success fees be refunded?

YES,as you will be charged again on next sale of that item.

Neil