Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

​Trade Broker suggestion regarding vendors bidding on their own items

Pierre_Henri

I am a verified BidorBuy Trade Broker and sell items (mostly coins) for many vendors (people who consign the items to me) on a commission basis.

Vendors are not allowed to bid on their own items – it is simply against the rules on most e-commerce auction sites and certainly on the BidorBuy site.

The problem I have is that I get thousands of bids in on a continuous basis at any possible hour of the day. I simply cannot check and scrutinize every bid to see if a vendor is bidding on his/her own item(s). I would have to be on duty 24/7 and never sleep if I have to do that. Actually, all my received bid e-mails go into a trash file and I do not see them.

At the end of every month I download a sales spread sheet from the BidorBuy system for every vendor's sales for that month. It tells me who the winning bidders were and gives me all their details. If a vendor was bidding on his own items (but did not won) the system would not inform me of this - I would not know that it has happened. If a vendor has actually won the item, it is too late for me to have stopped him/her. This has actually happened to me but how does one stop this?

Can I make the following suggestion to the BidorBuy team?

There is a facility on the BidorBuy system where you as a seller can block a bidder from bidding if a SNC (Sale Not Completed) was filed against that bidder. If however, a SNC was NOT filed in the past against that person, you cannot block his/her bids.

The answer is to change the system and give the seller Carte Blance to block any bidder of his choice. In my case, I would block my vendors from bidding. If I am not mistaken, this was previously possible to do, but the system was changed a few years ago (I have been a BidorBuyer for nearly one and half decades)

This will have the added advantage of blocking known non-paying bidders that have not been black-listed and continue to waste everyone's time.

Kind regards

Pierre

Edited by Pierre_Henri

Pierre_Henri

Any feedback from Bid or Buy on this very important issue?

admin

Hi Pierre,

This was taken away because sellers abused the function by blocking new bidders because they had 0 ratings which led to a loss of revenue for both sellers and bidorbuy. I do not think it will be reverted back to the old way where sellers can block any bidder. The CPA is also in play these days, a bidder has to be given the benefit of the doubt regarding making payment, until they are proven to be non payers, then they may be blocked.

Kind regards

Andries

johan

Hi Pierre,

The idea to give sellers the ability to block who ever they choose has been in use on bidorbuy and it had a very negative effect on the site as a whole. What we found was that users would block every single new user and anyone that they did not like the site of.

I am sure that to some this sounds like a fantastic idea but we had to deal with so many complaints of users that had been blocked by sellers for no valid reason.

As a person who sells goods for others you would have an agreement in place for the conditions for the terms of sale and one of those terms should definitely be that a the user is not allowed to bid on their own items that you have on auction for them. We find from our side that in most cases users will know who places bids and the community is also very pro active in informing us if this happens.

Further we view this sort of practice under the same umbrella as shill bidding and we will engage with the parties involved should we see this sort of thing happening.