Sign in to follow this  
aiboo

Refusing to ship a won and paid for item.

aiboo

Hello Bobbers,

I won an auction an item for R35k with an advertised shipping date of 3-5 weeks - that was 14 weeks ago.

To be clear, this is from a seller with a three year history on BOB, thousands of transactions and over 99% positive reviews.

Over the last three months I have received a long line of excuses, some of which were not even related to the item I bought and described a totally different item. At one point I was given a tracking number and then told the waybill had fallen off at the depot - the same tracking number now resolves as being delivered to another person. A second tracking number was scrapped after problems with insurance (it also resolved as delivered to a different person). The third tracking number sent the parcel to the wrong province, when I picked this up and it was re-routed it had someone else's item inside and needed to be collected. I have waited a quarter of a year. My life has been seriously disrupted by these delays as I've had to put plans on hold in anticipation of receiving this item.

Today I was told that everything had finally been sorted out, the item had been double-checked and the item would be sent tomorrow (can you blame me for being skeptical?).

Unfortunately, today was also the last day available for me to post a review (three months as I understand it). After posting a negative rating (in line with my experience) the seller is refusing to send my item at all, has called me a liar in her response and insists on giving me a refund.

My previously glowing review as a buyer who paid in full the same night the auction closed was changed immediately to a negative review as follows: "Not going to bother sending the product. Send me your bank details. You are banned from my auctions!!!"

--

I don't want a refund, I want the item I won in the auction and paid for in full three months ago. Isn't it my property once I win the auction and pay for it?

What is the procedure here?

mrmouse

First of all """"" GET A REFUND and run awaaaaaaaay ,you obviously are never going to get what you paid for .

Free Soul Styles

This sounds a bit dodgy. Like he was looking for an excuse not to send the item in the first place Get your money back. If you've contacted Bob then hopefully it can be sorted out, but it's likely you will get a refund as the seller might insist he does not have the item, or it's incorrect or there's a delay. Bob cannot confirm or deny a claim like that from a seller, even though they probably know it's a lie. But don't risk it. Get your money back, then fight it out. If you haven't emailed Bob then do it. In case the seller takes his time to refund you or worse.

Had another buyer with a similar issue. Bought a very expensive item. the seller kept delaying shipping to overseas and now the seller is saying he's going to refund him as he can get a higher price and he does not want to ship overseas. There was 100 excuses. He got his money back.

Edited by Free Soul Styles