Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Consumer Protection Act query

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi

I sold an item to a buyer in the UK (auction) who is now trying to threaten me with the CPA as I am not prepared to refund him for his purchase because he assumed something that was not in the listing (he never asked about anything - simply assumed something that just was not there!).

Does the CPA apply to international, and what does it rule with regards to auction? (I was completely honest within the listing about the item including as much information / history as I knew at the time - I now know more which actually improves the historical value of the item. He now claims that I mislead him with the selling price of the item and he no longer wants the item.)

I have handed the matter to BoB, but would like to know more about the CPA in this case to lower my stress levels.

Thanks,

J

KMartin

Hi. As far as i know The seller lives in RSA the CPA is valid. The buyer would have to return the item ( at his / her own cost ) then once you have inspected it you can send refund. Then file SNC that you both agree the sale was not completed and get listing fee's back.

mrmouse

if you were honest with the listing and no blatant defects were hidden away then as far as i know the cpa does not cover auctions online or off .

tell him ''go for it .

Edited by mrmouse