Sign in to follow this  
KMartin

Sellers take note.. Loop hole ?

KMartin

I recently Listed and sold an item. As this was a once off item , i did not create a new shipping list, i listed the Shipping price in Auction ( as quite a number of sellers do ) . As it is glass, Heavy and Large Item Shipping R250. At the end of auction th winner mails me and says he saw Free shipping if the collect but do not agree with postage. I must do a SNC and say say we both agree. NO i do not agree, i had the auction up for almost a month. So Buyer Appeals, This was 26 August. Today i see Buyers Appeal Accepted - Nobody at Fault 21 Sep 15 10:50 . So that means if you list your auction with shipping charges in the auction and buyer then decides he don't want to pay he can get away with it ? I have 4 lines of text on Auction. line 4 states : This is a Large Item and being glass too i would suggest Collection ( Free ) or Courier R250 to your door.

Free Soul Styles

If i'm not mistaken, with an auction item a buyer is allowed to pull out of a sale even after they win it. It's apparently the Consumer Protection Act. (Could be wrong, but that's how i was told). Bob can't do anything unfortunately, but they can give you back the commission fee.I would suggest you make a special shipping table, specifically with the prices. This takes all the confusion out as well for those who do not read the full thing properly. Also, i saw the listing, clear yes, but try putting the shipping at the top, i noticed some people don't scroll all the way down...

With the SNC you should have opted for "Terms not met by buyer".

Edited by Free Soul Styles