Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Negative For Buyer Not Collecting.....

voldermort

I posted 3x items to a buyer on 30 July, as always, with a tracking number & note to tell them to inquire inside Post Office if no collection slip is received by them from Post Office. This morning I see I have received 3 negatives from said buyer saying items not received & this is a con (not a very nice accusation, by the way) - after checking PO site I see item was sitting at their Post Office from 3 August until 11 September without them collecting & is at this moment wending it's way back to me, for which I no doubt shall have to pay the PO for returning it to me. Now I know that some buyers are notorious for not collecting, & some will send distressed emails asking where their items are, at which point I need to check site & let them know item is waiting at their PO. However, this is the first time in all my years on BoB that I have received a negative rating stating basically that I am a crook, because buyer was too lazy to get up off their bum & toddle into their PO with tracking number supplied, to inquire as to the whereabouts of their item......or to at least send me an email asking the same thing. Surely with website proof that item was delivered & unclaimed these ratings cannot be allowed?

retailrush

Very frustrating for you. My friend sent me a parcel recently, which I did not know about as it was to be a surprise. I never received the slip in my P O Box and if my friend had not emailed to ask if I had received the parcel I would not have known it was there at all... The parcel at that stage had been sitting at the post office for 3 weeks already. Luckily I got it before it was sent back to my friend. So it can happen that the slips are maybe put in the wrong box and then thrown away or else not even put in the box to begin with... However, in your case the recipient knew about the parcel so there is no excuse for them to give you a negative rating...

voldermort

I will phone BoB in the morning & request these ratings be removed, however it is just too ludicrous to have somebody calling you a thief without first even bothering to email, never mind going into their Post Office.

Andrew301261

Gentlemen

This is a double edged sword. The Post Office is in the process of collapsing and both buyer and seller are going to pay the price.

My seller says he posted the item. Using his tracking number the parcel has never moved from where it was posted. Numerous correspondence and eventually the seller gives up and says its not his problem. Speed Services can not trace the parcel. Due to non delivery the seller gets a negative rating with the facts as a response. The seller then rates me - the buyer negatively - because he is rated negatively???

Why are sellers using the Post Office?

Is it not penny wise and pound foolish?

As a buyer if I have an option of a courier I am more than willing to pay for that service.