Sign in to follow this  
Vinyl Lady Decals

Bidorbuy giving problems

Vinyl Lady Decals

As of about 10 minutes ago, bidorbuy is extremely slow and it takes forever to load a page, any page, except the forum. Is there a problem with the server? I've got to keep trying to load pages. If this continues, its pointless trying to get anything done. Other SA websites and international websites are just fine.

Seeds and All

Same problem here... I started noticing issues from as early as 12:59 PM.

Miss Jewels

We are also experiencing problems. From as early as just after 12 pm. Site is also "hanging" from time to time

ATA STAMP CENTRE

YES ,and this morning not accessible from about 5,30 to just after 7am??

neil

queen of hearts

I've given up today trying to see what is on Crazy Wednesday - pages are just taking forever if they even load - not having any problems with other sites.

Free Soul Styles

Seems to be fine now. I was struggling too till about 5 min ago

queen of hearts

Great stuff Bid or Buy - Just as the auctions were closing at 9pm the site went down - was bidding n items to use combined popstage and bingo - lost out on 2 of the items - this is pathetic and the seller lost out on higher bids.

[h=1]Down for maintenance[/h] [h=3]WE ARE SORRY BUT THE WEBSITE IS TEMPORARILY DOWN, AND SO ARE WE![/h] We are busy upgrading our website with new features and will be back shortly.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Thank you for using bidorbuy!

[h=3]IN THE MEANTIME[/h]

• Have a look what we are up to on Facebook.
  • Watch some of our cool videos on YouTube.
  • Have a look at our Forum or visit our blog.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HUGE AND COSTLY OUTAGE THIS CRAZY WED

WHy were these warning signs ignored?we have been stating their are problems the last few days??

neil

admin

Hi All,

Apologies for this, the IT team is working on it, should be stabilized by now.

Kind regards

Andries

Collectabilia

Dear Admin

Actually, it wasn't stabilised by 20.36 last night!

I went to bed in a fury last night after I wasn't able to connect to bidorbuy from 21.15 till I gave up at 21.45 having missed the opportunity to bid on an item I wanted. I have lost out, the seller has lost out!

I think your jolly "Hi All, Apologies for this...." is a bit thin and reflects what I'm beginning to think is corporate indifference.

I'd like some more detail about this recurring Wednesday night problem (clue!). It is worst on the Wednesday night of the big payday sales (i.e. around last week of the month) and it is obvious bidorbuy's servers are not up to the job.

I'd love to know how many other users were frustrated by this last night.

Kind regards

Paul

TribalTrade

Frustrated?? As a Seller, I was not happy!!

Friday 21/8/2015 - Website down from 13:00 to after 14:00. Lost out on Sales, as this was the last hour of Snap Friday!!

Saturday morning - Website down, could not re-list.

Tuesday - same problem.

Last night - Website down from 20:45 until after 22:00. Lost out on Sales, as my listings closed at 21:45!!

This is getting out of hand. We pay to get items listed, but we fall short at the most crucial time when bidding needs to take place...

Rare NotesCoins

Bid or buy not doing well. Can't rate people, can't see what I bought in last two weeks. Lost out on bidding on items last night. So glad I didnt have anything on. Not a good thing at all.

admin

Hi Paul,

I made my post at 22:36 last night and not at 20.36. I think that I should just clarify something here, I have no insight into what went wrong last night as I do not work in IT and only report problems to them when I pick it up myself or when an user posts about one on the forums after hours. The work I do on the forums are done in between the work I get paid for to do by bidorbuy so I will not be able to give updates on what happened as I am not privy to that information, sorry... The "Hi All, Apologies for this...." is just because of the good upbringing I believe I had from my parents.

Have a great weekend.

Kind regards

Andries

ATA STAMP CENTRE

What is a worrying factor here is the "official silence"

No explanation or apology as if it never happened.

This thread has been open awhile,problems were mentioned and there was no reply to this or any remedial action taken as requested.

The DOS attack happened at key closing times for many sellers on wed night.

I personally was way under my normal sales target and i know of one or two sellers that lots thousands as no one could bid on their items.

With the economy taking a knock,and prices attained under pressure for some time now,we sellers cannot afford these type of incidents .

I remember some years ago something similar happened and closing times were extended on that particular sale,i think it was a snap friday sale so probably easier to manage,but possibly this can be looked at if this happens in future.

This leads to lack of confidence in the site and will lead to less listings and a lose lose situation for all concerned.

WE sellers are not mushrooms,we need sunlight and information,not kept in the dark and fed b/s.

neil

ATA STAMP CENTRE

AND again the site is hanging during key bidding times and images are not uploading at moment,!!

This needs to be sorted out please,

Neil

Rare NotesCoins

Please bid or buy sort out this crap. My shipping option has disappeared and it tells them that all shipping is free. This is now costing me money and wasting my time. Please report and let relevant people sort it out. This is damaging youre companies image.

Regards Morne​

voldermort

This is too ridiculous. I cannot put any new ads, I cannot edit old ads...even when I go to view items, if I press the back button....BoB just hangs forever. Basically Tuesdays & Wednesdays are no go times on BoB & it has been so for the last few weeks.

queen of hearts

Same problem - can't open anything as it just hangs until the message comes up to kill the page. Getting much less hassle to buy via various Facebook pages and if local can collect.

mrmouse

I open hundreds of pages per day and have not experienced any delays or hassles , maybe a certain IS hub is limiting your throughput and causing chaos .Try resetting routers and see if it persists .

Free Soul Styles

There's laptops featured in the Coins and Notes category. The listings are actually listed correctly in their right categories when you got into them, but are showing up in others. Is this normal? The other day there was no "Top Sellers" list...

mrmouse

You can select an alternative listing place for a fee , it may be that ,to me the problems such as pages not opening etc sounds more to me like an IS providers Synch problem on the line of the router , there are millions of transactions / views per day but only a handfull of complaints ,doesnt make sense to me , im sure small glitches do appear in the code but usually dont stay hidden from others and dont only affect a handfull of people , ive pinged the site many times and response is perfect . do a router resett ( at least 2 minutes disconnected from power ) and check youre computer for bugs , wisecare 365 will assist youre windows files , and glary utilities or malwarebytes will check for bugs , BoB hasnt really responded so I dont think its on there side or its really really intermittant , make sure youre own machine is good and raring to go before losing it and throwing it out the window .And if youre using Linux , well good luck .

Free Soul Styles

I've logged in using wifi and a telkom line, even my phone.

I'm struggling to upload now. It keeps saying Error 500, down for maintenance. Last 20 minutes or so. On the coins in union coins there's no sub section to add grading company or grade.

mrmouse

Ive just added a listing since youre post and no problem found

mrmouse

according to my it techie Error 500 is usually a web browser error on senders side.

mrmouse

He says delete all youre cookies , youre browser is trying to access a page that is no longer available on the server , maybe , use glary utilities .