Sign in to follow this  
wekwa

Unfair solution to unfair rating

wekwa

This buyer bought a watch from me. They said it is not working on receipt and i insisted it is because i had checked it on packing. I asked them if they had removed a clip that pushes the crown out (thereby disconnecting the power to avoid battery discharge) They said they had not and a few minutes later they called and said the watch was now working but all the hands are loose.

They asked for a refund and i agreed on the condition they send me a video highlighting the problem or send the watch back. They never did. days later they hit me with a negative that i appealed. Bob said no i should talk to the buyer. How can i talk to someone who can not give me the evidence that the item is not working?

If they had shown me that the watch is not working i would not think twice about refunding , but i can't refund every buyer who sends an email saying this is not working without any evidence. better stay with the negatives.

irishlady

I dont want to be rude but realistic, if you are going to sell very very cheap R30.00 (junk) asian watches with fake sub dials that dont even work but just for show etc etc you are going to get a lot of this..get used to it.

wekwa

You are not rude, but you miss the point. It's about proving an item is not working. Even if it was a Rolex I would still need proof it is not working. I would never complain about a negative rating where the buyer proves I sold them a non-working item. My issue is the buyer did not prove the "Asian junk" is not working. If they had proved I was going to refund them and tell them not to send the item back. That's how we operate unless if the customer does not like it.

Also people know what they are buying. They know the sub dials are for show and the items they are buying are affordable no names. We describe the items as best as we can so our customers know what they are buying. They can't afford high end items so there must be something they afford.

Junk is business, that's why we have thriving recycling companies.

debbiestreet

I am hoping to get a response since my emails are being either fobbed off with dismissive responses or no response at all. I have a problem with a buyer that insists on returning an item claiming it was not as advertised. Secondhand, used. BUT no scratches on screen or back. Bid or Buy is being very unhelpful. Had a look at the buyers profile, quite a number of ratings similar to mine on other sellers. Co-incidence? Can someone direct me a higher level of management in this matter. .Ps. buyer returned after both BoB and Consumer Protection Act limits. I returned the item and BoB instructed the buyer to send it back to me again. Dismissing the documented proof that the phone is in excellent condition as advertised.Negative rating and defamation of character. BoB refuses to remove or alter the rating.???