Sign in to follow this  
amcintyre

Fastway couriers? The "fastest way" for sales destruction

amcintyre

I had the unfortunate experience of of having an item (a bluetooth speaker) I bought off of Bid or Buy couriered by Fastway couriers: from Johannesburg to East London. It still hasn't arrived and I have received shockingly bad service from their Pretoria and Cape Town branches.

The item was sent via their courier services (sic) on 14 August http://www.fastway.co.za/our-services/track-your-parcel?l=RA0007412726

I eventually emailed them asking for explanation as to what was happening. It was a tautologically redundant email response I got back from them. Offering no clear way ahead as how to resolve the issue.

I phoned their Cape Town office (the place where my item was last seen prior to being 'somewhere'). The first person I spoke was not very helpful and couldn't understand that my item was missing in their system. The second person I phoned hung up on my mid-conversation: I was neither rude nor aggressive in any way. I simply wished to inquire as to when I would be receiving the item.

I have emailed the seller who will be refunding me within the next few days should I not receive the item.

This is the second time I have used Fastway and in both cases I have received obscenely bad service from the company as a whole as well as from those manning their phones. I can't understand how this company carries on. One would accept and anticipate such service from SAPO but definitely not from an independent courier company.

And, it seems that I am not alone in this courier misery :

http://hellopeter.com/search-reports?keyword=Fastway+Couriers+%28South+Africa%29&keywordint=765442

http://hellopeter.com/search-reports?keyword=Fastway+Couriers+-+Pretoria&keywordint=768973

Surely something can be done about it?

wekwa

From my understanding they use a third party to deliver to East London (unless if things changed recently). I was not as unfortunate as you though. I sent an email and i received a response some two to three hours later saying they were investigating. Later i was told they can't trace the item on their website as they use a third party. however 2 days later the customer acknowledged receipt of their parcel.

cp27

I have being using "The Courier Guy" for the last two years with only two problems, both times I received an

e-mail apology explaining what went wrong, both times wasn't a big deal either.

Very helpful, even the drivers make you feel like a valued customer.

Free Soul Styles

Stay away from Fastway. Their collection/delivery times depend on their mood and willingness to work. Calling for assistance is a nightmare. I used to use them and the driver would collect at 4pm and sometimes not at all. I gave up. I was waiting for a parcel for 4 days from them. The driver had it in his truck but never bothered with it as it was just a bit out of his way (still in his delivery area). After shouting i got the wrong parcel. Their delivery areas are very small compared to other couriers, so they do often outsource other couriers to assist.

The Courier Guy is brilliant. I've had 1 small issue and it was sorted out professionally and quickly, no excuses. They collect from me at 10am and 2pm, sometimes a bit earlier. They are also decently priced for SA shipping. As cp27 said, even the drivers are awesome and friendly. One driver waited 20 min to deliver a parcel as the receiver was on his way. To call them for help is also a real pleasure.

Aramex is also pretty good. Started using them as well for outlying areas (cheaper), they deliver in decent times and till late. I saw their truck delivering around 6pm to my complex one evening. Not bad.

bellemodel

East London / PE is a problem area