Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Ridiculous Shipping Costs

voldermort

This topic does come up every now & again but just a few minutes ago, scrolling through the Crazy Weds - I was looking at something called a bum shaper/lifter thingy...basically a girdle/pantie thing which I'm thinking probably weighes as much as a feather, but no.....the shipping costs are sufficient for military armour (which I have copied below) & yes, there was a major increase on postage rates.......but that major? No wonder there were absolutely no bids on this item. [TABLE=class: item_shipping_table, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]Shipping method[/TD]

[TD]Shipping details[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]• PARCEL (SAPO) POSTAGENote major increase by SAPO on their rates[/TD]

[TD=class: right]R99.00 for the first item

R30.00 each additional item

Insurance is charged at an additional 3.00% of the order value[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Being the gentleman i am,i shall not enquire as to the reason u were perusing the internet with the intention to purchase garments that may be used to hide imperfections of the female anatomy.:)

But,the shipping is exhorbitant and we know this is how many sellers recover costs if the items sells at R1.

Neil

mrmouse

I was charged R115 to send 2 items with normal mail uninsured , I complained to BOB , there response was seller determines pricing , the 2 items combined weigh 438gramms.

Bob covers the big sellers asses for them , because without them theres very low income , BUT what Bob has forgotten without BUYERS there is no income .I am purchasing more and more on other platforms now , cheaper Takes 2 weeks to three weeks and freight is free , sometimes even 3 days , very little logic in supporting local anymore .I freight daily for R99 door to door around SA , iwill pay R115 for courier but not for uninsured mail.

UPDATE : seller has now decided to send Via Courier , NICELY DONE

Edited by mrmouse

voldermort

Neil, I was browsing for a friend who is looking for an effortless way to pretend she has lost weight ;-) but seriously though, even though postage costs have soared recently, this is just blatant highway robbery.....especially for those buyers who will see an item for R1, click the Bid item & only then view the shipping costs & probably die :-( Mr Mouse, Take 2 is a very sore issue with me right now....Jade was looking for some horrible histories books, which they had....and as we know, over R250.00 the shipping is free. Not quite so, normal insured shipping is free BUT once you have placed your order, you get a red message telling you GPO is on strike (this same message has been on their site since last year November when there was a strike) & they shall not be delivering via GPO....thus you either have to settle for a courier or collect yourself at their warehouse which just happens to be on the other side of CT...either way it is not funny being taken in like that.

Edited by voldermort

mrmouse

if you use;; take a lots app '', all freight is free , i buy weekly from them and delivery is quick and painless , pricing is also excellent ,

voldermort

yes but that is via courier which is fine if you are at home/work/any certain address on any given day - but I'm not, I am constantly in & out which is why I far prefer normal GPO postage over courier...still think they either need to remove that red message or else make it clear that free postage does not include SAPO

Vinyl Lady Decals
yes but that is via courier which is fine if you are at home/work/any certain address on any given day - but I'm not, I am constantly in & out which is why I far prefer normal GPO postage over courier...still think they either need to remove that red message or else make it clear that free postage does not include SAPO

What I love about The Courier Guy is that you book it all online, giving them the address to collect from, I specify either home or work, depending, and the time to collect, they have never let me down yet.

There have been two occasions in the last six months where I put a very tight time frame on the collection that they weren't able to accommodate me, in those cases they have called me to make other arrangements.

I can only say good things about them, definitely the best courier company I have worked with. I used to use MDS Collivery and that was disastrous, they were never on time and I had to keep phoing to find out when they would collect, and then their prices are sky-high in comparison, nope, not really worth it.

bellemodel

I used to use MDS Collivery and that was disastrous, they were never on time and I had to keep phoing to find out when they would collect, and then their prices are sky-high in comparison, nope, not really worth it.

Also their website is a nightmare

bellemodel

Just consider shipping as part of the real price you pay. Caveat emptor

windrider

I just bought two watches for R1 from a fairly well-known seller. I knew the shipping price going in so I wasn't shocked completing my purchase. In their shipping terms they state that the very high costs are because they're drop-shipping and this is the price the overseas supplier charges them. So I looked at their ratings and saw that many people bought from them for R1. If they don't make any profits from shipping as they claim, how can they afford to be in business if the majority of their sales if for R1 only?

I'm a fairly experienced buyer, which means I mostly remember to look at shipping charges, still one does wonder about the sustainability of such sales.

PURPLEBEAT

GOOD DAY EVERYONE. JUST LIKE NOW I WANTED TO BUY STUFF FROM A SELLER. IN THE PAYMENT AND SHIPPING SECTION THE SELLER SAYS SHIPPING WILL BE R135 PLUS AN ADDITIONAL ITEM WILL BE R35. IN THE CHECK OUT THE SHIPPING JUMPED TO R205. HOW CAN THAT BE POSSIBLE? PLEASE BOB SET A STANDARD. JUST BECAUSE OF THIS I WILL NOT BUY ANY MORE FROM ANYONE ON THIS SITE AND I WILL TELL FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHATS GOING ON. IT WILL BE A 200% SITE IF ALL WILL JUST STICK TO ONE STANDARD.

admin

Hi PURPLEBEAT,

The only way that I see the shipping amount going to R205 is if you added 3 items from the seller to your order.

[TABLE=class: item_shipping_table, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]• Courier-Mmabatho,Knysna,Harrismith,Vryburg,Upington,Springbok, Mokopane,Lephalale 2-4 working days)[/TD]

[TD=class: right]R135.00 for the first item

R35.00 each additional item[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

R135 for the first item + R35 for the second item + R35 for the third item = R205.

Please do not post in all caps as it is considered shouting on the internet or in emails.

Thank you

Andries

shamotz

If SAPO gives such a lot of hassles why do sellers (especially from larger areas) add Postnet to Postnet as an option, allows the buyer to collect (some of us don't follow a set schedule and can't be reached at home/work most days), and the rates aren't as high as courier rates.