Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

Why discreet listings?

ziggy2000

Why do so many jewelery sellers list items discreetly? This makes me as a buyer suspicious. I for one will not buy from those sellers. I will rather support the sellers who do not feel the need to list discreetly, many sell the same items anyway.

CardinaJewels

I have also wondered this, It makes sense for high value fine jewelry to keep buyers Identities safe, however I do find it odd that low value items are being listed as discreet, typically I see these sellers list multiples of items and if they are shill bidding or such it cannot be seen by others ( NOTE I SAY IF) i am not accusing anyone of anything. Either way it is odd to cover these listings.

Miss Jewels

Its not just the discreet I'm worried about. It's the false and misleading adverts. Sellers continuously referring to created diamonds to generate bigger income on their items? For those with a bit more knowledge, it's clear that its cubic zirconia. And then still advertised under engagement rings. Very small lettering referring to "genuine rhodium plated". And some poor unknowing buyer is going to pay in excess of R1000 for a costume jewelry ring.....

Edited by Miss Jewels