Sign in to follow this  
Pathway

Is there another strike at the Post office?

Pathway

There are parcels waiting for ages now. One was posted on the 30th of June, and is still at the sending Post Office.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi, send SAPO an email about the parcels, it could be that the tracking website is not up to date.

SAPO can check and see exactly where the parcels are.

Pathway

Thanks, will do.

Free Soul Styles

That's odd. I only use Post Office for my overseas buyers and parcels are moving extremely well. Took 2 weeks to get to the US. Receiving International is a nightmare since the last strike. I received 3 parcels today that i bought in Feb!! I was amazed they weren't tampered with or lost!!

queen of hearts

Have received all my parcels in good time and order except one that according to the tracking has been sitting at Witspos since the 9/7/15 - will be avoiding any purchases that go through Jo'burg once again 'sigh' - Just an update parcel arrived today without being scanned anywhere along the line.

Edited by queen of hearts

Fashion Police

Not sure how true/accurate & possible this is, but we heard a rumour that SAPO is facing a shut-down. Let's hope this doesn't happen, it will affect SA economy greatly.

I'm waiting for an overseas parcel, and was told that SAPO's fuel account has been closed; The trucks apparently are now basically driving with the fuel they have until it runs out. SAPO still owes employees back-pay from the strikes (and I'm referring to those who actually worked during the strike) & increases.

Even though SAPO revenue is at such a bad place, they've employed 2 "big shots" recently, each earning approximately R700000.00 PER MONTH.

But, as I said - not sure how true this - I really hope it's not.

We need an independent (and reasonably priced) Postage Service in SA.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I dont see a shutdown happening .Economically will be disastrous and contradicts the constitution.But they are in serious trouble-Currently under administration,and even now the expenses exceed their income by around 100 million rand a month.

They have to make these savings just to break even.

There is funding on the table from the government but the turnaround strategy is not yet in place so these funds are not forthcoming yet.PLus packages by attrition have to be financed and they do not have the funds for this .

They have lost so much business and are currently not even attaining a third of their budgeted turnover.

Appointments have been made but these "big shits"sorry "shots" go and appoint "consultants" at enormous salaries TO DO THE F..ING JOB THEY PAID FOR.!!!

They have a huge shortage of stamps,supposedly their core business .The stationery is at a standstill,no books and they make copies of registration slips which will cease soon as well when they cant pay the photocopier contracts anymore.

NO envelopes available as the suppliers are not getting paid.

No registration lables available so they use different types of labels and that going to cause more tracking problems.

Certain po have closed already and more will follow

INDUSTRIAL ACTION is inevitable and the neverending spiral into the deep dark hole of nothingness which is the outcome of every parastatal or government run department will become a reality.

The last time the POST OFFICE WAS PROFITABLE was in 1994 when DONALd MASSON an ex retailer from MASSMART was in charge!!!

GO figure what has happened since then.

The postal services act which affords the POST OFFICE THE MONOPOLY and protection of the postal system expired in 2013 AND TO MY KNOWLEDGE,is currently not in place??Therefore there is an opportunity for an alternative solution,but where are the big players?

There is no political will power or accountability to fix anything in this country anymore,each and every appointment is first and foremost to ensure that self enrichment is priority.

Sad but true!!

These are my personal views and information as garnered by discussions with various parties,and personal experiences,accuracy is not guaranteed.

Neil

Fashion Police
each and every appointment is first and foremost to ensure that self enrichment is priority.

So true

ATA STAMP CENTRE

AND,just back from my post office and informed no post will arrive today and no post will leave today due to no fuel in the trucks,

neil

Vegar

I have just been turned away from our local post office - they have large trolleys of mail and packages which have not been collected - the petrol cards for the trucks have been cancelled.

I was told there is no chance of anything moving before Tuesday.

Fashion Police

Just wonderful. I knew it was just a matter of time... In my opinion, I don't think SAPO will ever be back to normal.

That fuel account must be in extreme arrears; if they can afford to hire 2 high earned members, but not pay their fuel account - huh?

Anyway, let me start warning my Post Office customers.

Such a pity that the couriers are so expensive with outlying areas. Dang it

lawrencerd

Tried to post this morning - was advised there would be no postal collection for the forceable future - no fuel

moodTime

This is getting beyond a joke now, even their tracking system has been down for over a week now. Suppose because everything is not moving so what better way for the SAPO to hide it is to turn off their tracking!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

They still negotiating for fuel cards.

Some branches are using the speed service vans to take their post to the hubs but from their its not moving anyway,unless some trucks had some leftover petrollThe latest this morning is that staff were told at their meeting that they must not inform customers of any problem and to make like all is fine!!!

They will be disciplined if they inform customers there are problems-this came from their meetings this morning.

wtf is going on!!

anthony03

I am so sick and tide of the ineptitude of Post Office management - One mess after the other. Wish they would privatize the place - I can only dream.....

moodTime

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/201...-Office-shares

“Now it has virtually come to a standstill.”

“The Sapo fleet is grounded”‚ said the party‚ as it “has no money to buy fuel”.

“Sapo vehicles cannot‚ therefore‚ collect mail from post boxes…The credit cards are no longer functional‚” Bloem said.

queen of hearts

Our local postal agency has just advised us that the contractor for our area has advised that there will be no further collection or delivery of post until further notice. We are on the South Coast of KZN.

Fashion Police

There's talks that our local Post Office may be closing down...

That's one out of how many possible others? All good and well, just go to the next one, but for how long? It's just a matter of time.

This last strike has done too much damage, and employing very high earned mouth pieces to do something they're not doing does not help at all!

As if SA economy is not already in enough trouble as it is.

Hopefully this will boost the courier sector, let them cover more areas due to demand.

With that said, I don't use SAPO much anymore - only for outlying areas. The couriers really don't cost that much more than the Post Office. In fact, I've once received a quote on a SAPO Speed Service parcel at R260, the couriers charged me R160 (AND it's an outlying area).

SAPO Econoparcel is R40, the couriers may be R10-odd more, but I'd much rather pay that extra R10 for my own sanity, peace of mind and the convenience (AND saving fuel anyway)

moodTime

Just got back from my post office (In Durban) who I have a good relationship with and was told that they can accept my parcels however no mail/parcels are being delivered or picked up until further notice, no fuel of delivery trucks.