Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

New layout and categories

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

On one hand I'm thanking those responsible for the changes in the Jewellery section, but I'm pulling my hair out with my other hand.

I have to go through all +-2000 listings to change the jewellery items so that they reflect the correct category (Fine Jewellery), sub-categories and other info as whomever did the changeover selected my items to be "Fashion Jewellery" and not Sterling Silver. However, I have discovered that under the Ring section, the sizing selection you have provided is all wrong! This will make it very difficult for sellers to mark their items correctly - and in my case I will not be marking the sizes off in the drop-down category at all as to avoid confusing my buyers.

Otherwise, it is not just a case of seller's being upfront and honest about their items (with regards to the metal / material type) and hope that the "real" items don't get flooded out with the "fakes" again.

Cali Craft and Gems

PS. Also the options given under "Main Stone" in the listing - as there are SO many stones to choose from, could the selection not be narrowed down to perhaps something like the following:

* (your primary top-end stones) Diamond, Tanzanite, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Pearl

* Semi-precious stones (instead of listing them individually like Amethyst, Citrine, Garnet, Peridot, etc)

* Swarovski

* No stone

* Cubic Zirconia

* Simulated stones

* Glass

* Other

* Multi stone

This should make things considerably easier. Also, under Metal Type - please add Silver Plated and not simply Silver. There are many types of "silver" out there - solid 925 Sterling Silver, German Silver, Indian Silver, Silver EP (electroplated), etc.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Hi,

Thank you for your ideas, they have been noted. We will look to see where we can assist you regarding moving your trades to the respective categories.

When you are creating a listing you are able to start typing in the stone and it will narrow down your options. Please explain what you mean regarding the ring sizing? We have used the South African standard sizes.

We will look at adding in different types of Silver for sellers to have options.

If you have any other suggestions, please let us know.

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi Claudia

In reply: Please refer to the following link re ring sizes: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/189757794/Admin_listing_only_for_additional_credit_card_payments_and_ring_size_chart.html

There is no such thing as "SA standard sizes" - and you do not get rings from an A. The list should be able to assist your department. (also note that many rings fall in between two sizes - example: a 8.25 would be the equivalent of Q to Q half per the chart).

Re gemstones - if you had to have every gemstone in your drop-down menu, your IT department would be driven nuts! My suggestions above would be more than adequate (as already just the few gems you have listed only limit one to Amethyst, Citrine, Peridot, Garnet, etc - not even the tip of the iceberg).

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further advice or suggestions. I have been in this trade for many years, and have been on BoB for almost 9 years as a seller. We are also registered members of the Jewellery Council of SA.

Kind regards,

CCG

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions we'll look into it.

Have a good day.

Pathway    10
Pathway

Hmmmm - I see the cheapos have already infiltrated the 'Fine Jewellery'.

And just as a general comment, and personal gripe, what's with everything being 'artisanal'? I know it's du jour, but really it applies to home baked bread, handmade clothing and jewellery, just about anything. Which means all my meals are 'artisanal', because I cook from scratch? It's sooo pretentious!

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I honestly do not like the new layout. The old layout just needed some fixing. Now we sit with this! It would have been nice if the category department could have launched a feedback section first so that we as sellers could have given some feedback regarding the change. This new change has openend a new can of worms....

Cali Craft and Gems

I agree with Miss Jewels and Pathway! By example, I do not have an assistant to help me out so I have to now squeeze in redoing every single listing in between the running of the shop, and dealing with a heavily emotional personal loss at the moment on top of it all! I've got a shipload of new stock that needs to be tackled, priced, put onto the stock list then put online, and we're in the middle of a stock take too!

If BoB had opened this up for suggestions before "going live" with the changes, or at least given us a fair warning of what was coming, we as sellers could have had the chance to plan ahead.

With regards to "other" items being under Fine Jewellery - this should be tackled by BoB immediately otherwise you're just replacing one sinking ship with another! (PS. I've noticed a large decrease in jewellery sales since the "other" items started flooding the sections, and now that the "better" jewellery has it's own pedestal, we're just being flooded out again!)

Flints    10
Flints

Elo. MMM another disaster. THERE SHOULD BE A CATEGORY FOR PLATED / FILLED SILVER ITEMS, FAR AWAY FROM GENUINE SOLID STERLING SILVER . AND IT SHOULD BE ENFORCED BY BIDORBUY. AND WHERES THE CHAIN SECTION FOR THE GENUINE STERLING SILVER ITEMS ?.

Flints    10
Flints

Some of my items is duplicated, and one is already sold. !?