Sign in to follow this  
gemadore

Fraudulent and false advertising and sale of Diamond ring

gemadore    10
gemadore

User BBMD

Transaction: bidorbuy ID: 186977473

First off I must make it known that i am a qualified G.I.A Gemologist as well as diamond grader.

I won an auction for the ring and went to the seller to collect and inspect before i do payment. It must be noted that the seller was very reluctant to allow me to view it before payment and even threatened to cancel the sale unless I pay her today.

Immediately on inspection of the ring I realised that this was not in fact the same ring advertised in the Auction, and that the clarity grade was hugely overrated. The centre stone in her picture does not show any inclusions , however the stone in the "real" ring is heavily included, in fact so much so that it appears milky and mottled.

Some unsuspecting buyer might fall into her trap and buy this ring.

Ring is nothing as the picture claims

Centre Diamond could never be graded as I1 . The stone is a very obvious I3

User advertised ring as follows

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5394[/ATTACH]

100% NATURAL UNTREATED DIAMOND

COLOUR: F

CLARITY: I1

CUT: ULTRA BRILLIANT ROUND

WEIGHT: 1.240CTS

TREATMENT: NONE! 100% NATURAL AND UNTREATED

ACCENT DIAMOND:

COLOUR: G-H

CLARITY: SI1-SI2

WEIGHT: 0.300CTS

TREATMENT: NONE

RING SIZE: 9

14k SOLID WHITE GOLD

GOLD WEIGHT: 2.0GRAMs

johan    1
johan

Hi Gemadore,

Thank you for sharing.

You can also use the spot a problem link on the listings when you see things like this.

I will have the security department at bidorbuy investigate the matter further. The team will be in touch shortly and if you have any further information to add that would substantiate your claim or anything else that would be of assistance it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Johan

gemadore    10
gemadore

Thanks Johan

I am in communication with Razark Khan

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I have just had a look at one of their auctions. This is a stock foto used so actually very misleading. An unsuspecting buyer will purchase this ring according to the specs given. Never a good idea to purchase diamond jewelery without the actual item being fotographed and published with the description. Unfortunately, there are numerous seller who use this methode to sell. Very unfortunate....

gemadore    10
gemadore
Hi Gemadore,

Thank you for sharing.

You can also use the spot a problem link on the listings when you see things like this.

I will have the security department at bidorbuy investigate the matter further. The team will be in touch shortly and if you have any further information to add that would substantiate your claim or anything else that would be of assistance it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Johan

Hi Johan

After replying to Razark I have since heard nothing back from anyone. I have followed up with him , no reply.

Who should I contact to get some resolution?

reeceonlinetrading    10
reeceonlinetrading

seems people just want to make a quick buck, luckily Gemadore knows his stuff a buyer who doesnt would have paid for a useless item