Sign in to follow this  
Seeds and All

Order type no longer visible

Seeds and All

I noticed this morning that we can no longer see the type of order (Buy Now or Auction) next to the order. Please can you reinstate that function. Thanks.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
I noticed this morning that we can no longer see the type of order (Buy Now or Auction) next to the order. Please can you reinstate that function. Thanks.

I agree,we have to open up the "show details" tab on each sale to find the buy now,takes ages.

Otherwise the changes to the selling page is great and very helpful.

neil

JacoJ

The reason for the change is due to the fact that we are starting to introduce the combining of Buy Now items with Auctions in orders. Therefore an order could represent a multiple of Buy Now and or Auction items.

The first such change was with the roll out of Make an Offer where, if a seller allows the combining of orders, will update existing orders with the new accepted offers on the Buy Now items. So now you can have an order with an auction item and Buy now item combined.

In the future we will be looking at allowing normal Buy Now items, accepted Make an Offer items and auctions to be combined in an order as it will greatly reduce the process of checkout that a buyer needs to go through when purchasing multiple items from a particular seller. As you can understand, by doing that we had to remove the sales type next to the order as it would not be accurate and hence it was included in the detailed listing.

If we can understand why exactly the nature of the sale is so important that it needs to be shown on the top level we can evaluate alternative options to provide this information to sellers. Please let us know.

Seeds and All
The reason for the change is due to the fact that we are starting to introduce the combining of Buy Now items with Auctions in orders. Therefore an order could represent a multiple of Buy Now and or Auction items.

The first such change was with the roll out of Make an Offer where, if a seller allows the combining of orders, will update existing orders with the new accepted offers on the Buy Now items. So now you can have an order with an auction item and Buy now item combined.

In the future we will be looking at allowing normal Buy Now items, accepted Make an Offer items and auctions to be combined in an order as it will greatly reduce the process of checkout that a buyer needs to go through when purchasing multiple items from a particular seller. As you can understand, by doing that we had to remove the sales type next to the order as it would not be accurate and hence it was included in the detailed listing.

This is great news! Cannot wait for the new order system to come into effect.

If we can understand why exactly the nature of the sale is so important that it needs to be shown on the top level we can evaluate alternative options to provide this information to sellers. Please let us know.

We allow our buyers 30 days to complete purchases and make one combined payment. If a buyer takes 30 days to complete their auction orders that order moves up in sequence on our Sales pages. When I file SNC Alerts I set my search to start from 2 months ago to 30 days ago and then file SNC alerts for orders within that time frame. I will then look at all Auction orders from 30 days ago till present to see if any of those orders were completed after the 30 day payment period we allow. If I do not do this I will miss the cut off time allowed by the system to file SNC alerts. Being able to see the order type when doing this made that job a lot easier.