Sign in to follow this  
geejay50

The Ultimate South African Medal Website

geejay50

Hi Folks,

A friend of mine alerted me to this must see website that is in my humble view the most comprehensive and detailed work on South African Medals yet presented.

Whatever the angle of your collection, be it coins ,medals , tokens or whatever, Professor Michael Laidlaw has made an invaluable contribution to our country's future collectors in his monumental work.Over a thousand medals are presented with high quality photos and extensive hard to get details that reflect a lifelong passion in the producer. He truly brings the whole subject to life.

In an age where true scholarship is rare and short term self interest seems the norm, he has set a high standard to follow.

Many thanks

Geejay

Medals​option=com_virtuemart&category_id=1&page=shop.browse&Itemid=1&limit=20&limitstart=0

Edited by geejay50

coinoisseur

Hello Everyone

I must agree with Georg, this is truly a remarkable website and it’s only 60% complete. Michael Laidlaw was presented with a Merit award by The National Numismatic Society on Saturday night at the Numismatic Dinner. It was a well-deserved award for the outstanding work done on this website.