Sign in to follow this  
multi collection

SAPO Shipping Cost are too expensive now

multi collection

SAPO Shipping Cost are too expensive now.

Petrol price are decrease, how comes the Food & Shipping cost still keep going increase ???

Now SAPO cancelled the Econoparcel (R25) Option and only have for Ordinary Parcel now (Ordinary Increase up to R40.90),

I can see it's very clear now my business is getting down, down & down, because customer are unable to pay for high shipping cost.

Also SAPO does not guarantee all parcel will receive or arrived to the destination.

I've send 4 big parcel to customer (Value R12000), till now my customer nothing receive. I believe my parcel was stolen by SAPO empolyee, try to phone SAPO but wasting my time, never answers the phone or seems like they are playing with me, just keep on saying to me "you must be patient, parcel still on sorting and delivery".

South Africa is in danger now, Economy also down, I don't know how I'm going to survive Y_Y

Regard

Multi Collection

Edited by multi collection

Cali Craft and Gems

If your parcel / envelope is under 3cm thick, and within the given sizes (max 353mm x 250mm), then you can use the Registered label which costs under R23.

multi collection

Hi Cali, My SAPO near me told me the Registered only can be use for letters/documents. like DVD Movie, Coins, Earing may only use ordinary parcel.

Cali Craft and Gems

Our SAPO showed me that there are two options for registered - RD and RC, but either can be used as long as the package is no thicker than 3cm. All our items are put into the standard C/0 bubble envelope, and if it is registered, you do not have to state the contents (like econo or ordinary parcel). As long as it is within the size restrictions, they have to accept it!

multi collection

Hi Cali

Thank You for sharing.

Maybe I should try another SAPO, hope they can accept for registered.

Just Beachin

Hi Cali, According to my post office the B5 size you had posted before ( Alternatively, you can use the registered mail option (which has insurance up to R100 - similar to Econoparcel):

Medium (B5) is up to: 250mm x 176mm x (30mm or less) under 1kg at R26.15

Large (B6) is up to 353mm x 250mm x (30mm or less) under 1kg at R27.60) must be thinner than 1cm (10mm) to be eligible for the lower price.

If your parcel / envelope is under 3cm thick, and within the given sizes (max 353mm x 250mm), then you can use the Registered label which costs under R23.

lilythepink

In my view, not all Post Offices follow the same rules and instructions re posting. We have two post offices in Grahamstown and there is a difference between the two. Go figure!

mrmouse

maybe satellite branches are more expensive , ie rural towns or shopping centre branches.

queen of hearts

Looks like you need to know the right people - received a parcel today which was sent Registered Mail and contained a jewelry box which was fortunately not damaged considering the minimal packaging but the depth of the parcel was just over 5cm - cost was R27.60. However, if it had been damaged I would have been asking for a refund as I paid for Parcel Post.

bellemodel

Couriers look more and more attractive.

SAPO: another BEEE failure