Sign in to follow this  
anthony03

Condition of items

anthony03

Greetings all- I really feel there is a need to compel sellers as part of their listings to have a section disclosing the condition of the item for sale/auction. Too often carefully photographed views of the items and no description other than " see the scans" hide many problems and this ends up in negative and neutral to and fro's. Just my thoughts ......

mrmouse

This is something which has plagued bob forever , internet photos , not depicting the actual item , vague descriptions , sellers not answering questions , hopefully bob will sort it out soon , it was supposed to have been addressed allready but nobody pays any attention to the complaints or they just get ignored .

anthony03
This is something which has plagued bob forever , internet photos , not depicting the actual item , vague descriptions , sellers not answering questions , hopefully bob will sort it out soon , it was supposed to have been addressed allready but nobody pays any attention to the complaints or they just get ignored .

I see what you mean. Looks like it will continue to be ignored.Pity

JacoJ

We definitely hear you and agree that some sellers do not disclose all the aspects of items all the time. This is quite a difficult challenge to fix technically. As we have close to 2 million open items at any given point in time (And millions of new listings every month) it makes it impossible to manually police such items effectively.

When we come across items like this we do take it up with sellers but it is only a drop in the ocean. We would need thousands of people to manually go through the items on a daily basis to stop it entirely. We are always looking at ways to solve this technically as it is more scaleable...but this one is going to take a bit of time.

We do however look at community watch reports and follow up when brought to our attention.

Virgotec

How about BOB adding a drop down menu to all secondhand and refurbished items where the seller can rate the condition of the item as Good, Fair or Bad condition. Maybe even add a button called Working/Not working. Or Visible defects Yes/No, if yes, see photo or describe defect.

Ok, I know that everybody's perception on the condition of an item would be different, but I'm sure something like this would help.

Edited by Virgotec

reeceonlinetrading
How about BOB adding a drop down menu to all secondhand and refurbished items where the seller can rate the condition of the item as Good, Fair or Bad condition. Maybe even add a button called Working/Not working. Or Visible defects Yes/No, if yes, see photo or describe defect.

Ok, I know that everybody's perception on the condition of an item would be different, but I'm sure something like this would help.

Do you think a seller whos hiding defects in pics would actually state the item is bad or fair condition i think not, they will still put the condition as good - just my thought

Free Soul Styles

This is a problem. I recently bought a phone from a reliable seller. It's said new, in box etc. I still asked if it was new etc just to be safe. The image is generic and that always worries me. This seems to be a big issue in the Cellphones and Laptops department. Some people do state "refurbished" or secondhand. But that's a bit difficult because to some sellers "refurbished" means the phone is working, needed a new battery but when you get it, it's scratched beyond belief and has been dropped a few times. Yet they still have the nerve to use generic images of brand new phones. Not to mention, with all the technology today, to upload an actual photo is not that hard. So there should be no excuse. Needless to say, i got the phone and it was brand new (Yay me!!).