Sign in to follow this  
admin

E-Juice containing nicotine

EcigSmokeOnline

Selling E Liquid with a nicotine content

Hi All,

Please take note that E-Juice, that contain nicotine, may only be sold on prescription as per legislation.

http://www.cansa.org.za/files/2014/06/Legal-Status-of-e-Cigarettes-in-South-Africa.pdf

Thank you.

Andries

Andries

Thank you for bringing this under our attention:nuts:

What doesn't make sense is why are sellers on Bid or Buy forced to delete all e liquids containng nictotine, whilst all the other e liquid sites on the entire web is still advertising and selling e liquids with nicotine content/:thinking:

Also another question: Does this include ALL sellers on Bid or Buy selling any E Liquid with nicotine content, for I am still noticing a lot of e liquids with nicotine.

This is going to chase away a lot of customers and they will definitely be taking their business elsewhere, where they can find what they are looking for.

I did read the letter of cansa. I think it's totally rediculous to classify e liquid with a nicotine content as a scheduled S3 medicine and that a prescription is needed.:wtf:

What about the everyday tobacco cigarette that contains a lot more harmfull products than the e liquid?

According to studies, a person trying to quit smoking, should take it slow and on a day to day basis. Smoking less each day, not just throw away the cigarettes and say "Now i have completely quit smoking" There may be people who got lucky and could quit early enough, but what about people that are smokers for 30 - 40 years? They can't just throw it away and hope for the best.

They need to take it slow, reducing nicotine content untill 0mg, then in my opinion they do have a chance to quit completely.

For someone with a history of smoking for 30 - 40 years it has become a great addiction and it need to be handled the correct way. What about the after effects?

I'm not here to start an argument, i just need to know why all of a sudden we are not permitted to sell our e liquids containing nicotine on Bid or Buy anymore. I am aware of Bid or Buy's listing policy for tabacco cigarettes being illigal and not to be listed, but nothing about e liquids with a nicotine content.

We have a lot of unsatisfied customers about this issue.

I know it may not be possible, but if this is the case, then Bid or Buy should put in a complaint about other sites selling e liquids with nicotine content as well. I just feel that this is totally unfair to all our sellers and buyers on Bid or Buy!

I have taken up this matter on behalf of all my clients and hope that we can get a solution to this matter.

Kind regards

Barbara

Excentrix Collectibles

I think this is totally ridiculous, sounds like a money making racket to me. E cigarettes are the only thing that helped me give up smoking tobacco cigarettes, seems to me that whoever dreamt up this stupid classification of eliquid containing nicotine must be in cahoots with the tobacco companies. Let's face it tobacco companies are not making as much money as they were due to the introduction of e-cigarettes. Seems to me that whoever makes up these stupid classifications is in reality possibly forcing people to go back to smoking traditional tobacco cigarettes and who wins at the end of the day??? The tobacco Companies

Andries

Thank you for bringing this under our attention:nuts:

What doesn't make sense is why are sellers on Bid or Buy forced to delete all e liquids containng nictotine, whilst all the other e liquid sites on the entire web is still advertising and selling e liquids with nicotine content/:thinking:

Also another question: Does this include ALL sellers on Bid or Buy selling any E Liquid with nicotine content, for I am still noticing a lot of e liquids with nicotine.

This is going to chase away a lot of customers and they will definitely be taking their business elsewhere, where they can find what they are looking for.

I did read the letter of cansa. I think it's totally rediculous to classify e liquid with a nicotine content as a scheduled S3 medicine and that a prescription is needed.:wtf:

What about the everyday tobacco cigarette that contains a lot more harmfull products than the e liquid?

According to studies, a person trying to quit smoking, should take it slow and on a day to day basis. Smoking less each day, not just throw away the cigarettes and say "Now i have completely quit smoking" There may be people who got lucky and could quit early enough, but what about people that are smokers for 30 - 40 years? They can't just throw it away and hope for the best.

They need to take it slow, reducing nicotine content untill 0mg, then in my opinion they do have a chance to quit completely.

For someone with a history of smoking for 30 - 40 years it has become a great addiction and it need to be handled the correct way. What about the after effects?

I'm not here to start an argument, i just need to know why all of a sudden we are not permitted to sell our e liquids containing nicotine on Bid or Buy anymore. I am aware of Bid or Buy's listing policy for tabacco cigarettes being illigal and not to be listed, but nothing about e liquids with a nicotine content.

We have a lot of unsatisfied customers about this issue.

I know it may not be possible, but if this is the case, then Bid or Buy should put in a complaint about other sites selling e liquids with nicotine content as well. I just feel that this is totally unfair to all our sellers and buyers on Bid or Buy!

I have taken up this matter on behalf of all my clients and hope that we can get a solution to this matter.

Kind regards

Barbara

e_online

E-cig Juice

Hi All,

Please take note that E-Juice, that contain nicotine, may only be sold on prescription as per legislation.

http://www.cansa.org.za/files/2014/06/Legal-Status-of-e-Cigarettes-in-South-Africa.pdf

Thank you.

Andries

I have read the letter, and really its just an opinion.... AFAIK there has been no 'test' case regarding this. Also you get the feeling that the NPA would not want to push the matter as there are far too issues to be looked at here. It seems to me a bit of sabre rattling

admin

Hi All,

As in this case, whenever something is listed that may not be sold legally, or as per the Listing Policy, is brought under our attention, with the documented proof or applicable Law supplied by the reporter, sellers are requested to remove the offending items. We assist the sellers to delete the listings, but due to the amount of listings on a daily basis and other tasks and queries to attend to, it is impossible for us to get to all of them without the compliance of the sellers and the help of the community. Should you see e-juice listings containing nicotine, please report them.

We do not get involved in how any other Business or E-Commerce is managed, that is the responsibility of their owners.

In this regard, a number of changes to the schedules of the Medicines and Related Substances Act, 101 of 1965(MRA) were recently published by the Minister of Health and are effective immediately.

This is unfortunately not a case of use it if you want to, this is a requirement by Law.

Thank you for your understanding and co-operation in this regard.

Andries

EcigSmokeOnline

E Cigarettes containing nicotine

I think this is totally ridiculous, sounds like a money making racket to me. E cigarettes are the only thing that helped me give up smoking tobacco cigarettes, seems to me that whoever dreamt up this stupid classification of eliquid containing nicotine must be in cahoots with the tobacco companies. Let's face it tobacco companies are not making as much money as they were due to the introduction of e-cigarettes. Seems to me that whoever makes up these stupid classifications is in reality possibly forcing people to go back to smoking traditional tobacco cigarettes and who wins at the end of the day??? The tobacco Companies

I totally aggree Excentrix.

OliveVapour

The link, containing the information upon which Bidorbuy has made this decision, is filled with false information. e-Liquids containing nicotine is 100% legal to sell (as is evident with all the shops everywhere) as long as it is not sold to anyone under 18! It is high time Bidorbuy updates its policy or at least get the facts and research right.